Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

I pretty well made up my mind about developers

TFDi also did quite a nice 717, but opinions differ about them, so I'll leave it at "quite nice".

A friend of mine has it and told me that it was officially released and a month after it went into a voluntary beta program. If that is true TFDi would deserve like a "Guinness World record" for releasing a model that afterwards was back to beta.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

A friend of mine has it and told me that it was officially released and a month after it went into a voluntary beta program. If that is true TFDi would deserve like a "Guinness World record" for releasing a model that afterwards was back to beta.

Cheers, Ed

That's true indeed and it shows in the release. The Avionics could have deserved some more treatment.

Nonetheless the TFDi is honestly regretting the early release and are working hard to provide fixes which deserves my utmost respect!

Apart from those Avionics issues it is a really, really good plane though, system wise (non avoinics) it surely is up to what Majestic provide in their Dash 8.

I refrain to say "to what PMDG provides" because we have no failure interaction menu, however if you turn systems off in flight in the 717 you get the correct responses, whatever you do.

Once the Avionics are sorted the 717 will be in the class of the Majestic Dash, or perhaps (disregarding failures) even in the class of the NGX.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

PMDG, FSL, Majestic and Realair for me. IXEG is ok too.

Julian Evans

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Once the Avionics are sorted the 717 will be in the class of the Majestic Dash, or perhaps (disregarding failures) even in the class of the NGX.

With all due respect, but according to the experiences from my friend (not only avionics, but still inexistant paintkit and decent flight manuals amongst other things not mentioned like complicated purchasing process and DNA-type-verification license & activation issues), seems to me your expectations are extremely high on this plane. Acccording to that, I would never compare it with Majestic or PMDG, they are on a different baseball league. Anyway, good luck with it, but I'd rather stay away from the otherwise fabulous 717.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Anyway, good luck with it, but I'd rather stay away from the otherwise fabulous 717.

Seems  that any post on this particular  aircraft  you seem to always  post negative  posts,  seems  that  you got  something  against  this  particular  addon which  seems  that  you dont  even own. 

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

With all due respect, but according to the experiences from my friend (not only avionics, but still inexistant paintkit and decent flight manuals amongst other things not mentioned like complicated purchasing process and DNA-type-verification license & activation issues), seems to me your expectations are extremely high on this plane. Acccording to that, I would never compare it with Majestic or PMDG, they are on a different baseball league. Anyway, good luck with it, but I'd rather stay away from the otherwise fabulous 717.

Cheers, Ed

Seems that any post on this particular aircraft you seem to always post negative posts, seems that you got something against this particular addon which seems that you dont even own.

Well, it's not Carenado...they are working on the issues.  I am looking forward to getting this airplane once the issues are fixed.  I like smaller, regional planes more than the longer range very large airplanes.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Well, it's not Carenado...they are working on the issues.  I am looking forward to getting this airplane once the issues are fixed.  I like smaller, regional planes more than the longer range very large airplanes.

If you like GA aircraft, Carenado indeed has two very good ones in my experience, the Shrike AC500 and the Dornier Do228, I'll fly both of them very often to admire the surroundings, scenery, etc. The Phenoms (100 & 300) are also very good, and upon your taste you can tweak them with mods that have been posted here at Avsim (Bert) to correct some (minor, for me) bugs on the Autopilot. My all-time favorite is the Shrike, being my default plane in P3D. On the other hand Alabeo, their sister company, you know, buy carefully, just because sometimes the models are pretty nice, but the flight models and systems are really below standard to say the least, and they are done after one or two patches that improve things by not too much.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

No GA developemnt its a big problem, REAL AIR was the best for the money!! A2A is great just a bit boring plane choices ...

FSLabs

PMDG

Smaller=Majestic

Keep an eye on TFDi 

If you like Small.

Real Air 

A2A

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm going to go slightly against my usual method of nuking posts, and simply provide a few ATC-assigned heading corrections:

• Make sure to sign your posts in accordance with the forum rules.
  • Please avoid criticizing other developers here. If you would like to get critical, please do it in their forum, where they monitor the posts, have a better chance of seeing the feedback, and have a better chance to respond and/or react to it. (If you're just in a critical mood, make sure it's about us, it's factually supported, and it's signed. :P)

Kyle Rodgers

Oh buddy I know. I bought blackbox simulations widebody fleet hoping that it would be moving in the right direction.....

Don't know about FSL or PMDG yet...Majestic for sure and Real Air. Even out of business, Real Air shine, they are well made and simple; my aircraft of choice when I have to test other addons. I like A2A but quite heavy on reasources compared to Real Air.

It's all about Aerowinx for me.

Top quality product, support is within 12 hours but normally much less. Patches released immediately for changes requested by the user.

It really is the gold standard.

• Upvote 1

No GA developemnt its a big problem, REAL AIR was the best for the money!! A2A is great just a bit boring plane choices ...

+1. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I think they pick planes with an eye toward what most real pilots are flying and what's mostly commonly scene at the local airport. 

Because I've got several hundred hours in Cherokees, I found there's to be a blast to practice with. But to the layman, it's a slow, simple airplane. The Comanche is faster, but the avionics in it are mostly ancient. 

I think the P3D GA scene needs a good A2A level Cirrus or Mooney. Something that's going to do 170-180 knots and get you places quickly but also has a modern AP in it.