Sign in to follow this  
wiler

JAR A330

Can anyone recommend the JAR A330? videos on youtube look pretty good, have the A320 and its ok, has some quirks. The BSS sound pack sounds amazing for this as well. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

I too have the JD A320 and I love it.  Sure, it has it's quirks, but nothing detrimental to the flight.  I hear (through reviews and Youtube vids) that the A330 is pretty capable.  If you need a very good, unbiased opinion, as well as a tutorial to boot, check out my good friend Q8Pilot here: 

Enjoy :)

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I like it a lot but AP keeps shutting off not sure if its user error without a proper fms setup just took it up but as stated AP keeps disconnecting also sometimes I dont get clicks and doesnt when that happens I cant get clb mode to work at all  

I too have the JD A320 and I love it.  Sure, it has it's quirks, but nothing detrimental to the flight. 

Jim 320 doesnt work in XP11 right ? the latest 330 is suppose to work 

Rich Sennett

I like it a lot but AP keeps shutting off not sure if its user error without a proper fms setup just took it up but as stated AP keeps disconnecting also sometimes I dont get clicks and doesnt when that happens I cant get clb mode to work at all  

Jim 320 doesnt work in XP11 right ? the latest 330 is suppose to work 

I am currently using the JD A320 in XP11.  I haven't experienced any issues with it. :)

I should probably elaborate, since that statement was too general and vague. :)

I can perform a complete flight with this bird.  The one Issue I had last time was due to XP's insane crazy weather changes, but that's not JarDesigns issue.  I had some click issues with the automated checklist, but again, it was easy to overlook.  Callouts for phases worked fine, operation of the overhead were good, except for again, one little minor superficial issue with the ADIRS readout on the display, didn't show up, but the GPS worked fine.  I couldn't find anything else about her that was wrong or anything glaring that would cause a problem during a flight.  I have heard people say that they had an issue, but I don't know what happened on their end to cause an issue.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I am currently using the JD A320 in XP11.  I haven't experienced any issues with it. :)

Hmm good to know - particle base rendering has not been updated yet like in the 330 - correct ?

A320 definitely has not been updated to new XP PBR

Rich Sennett

I also had issues with AP discon in A320 in xp10, i was concerned about this in the A330. Also had surging engines at cruise level, maybe its not a bug but it kept happening for me. 

I also had issues with AP discon in A320 in xp10, i was concerned about this in the A330. Also had surging engines at cruise level, maybe its not a bug but it kept happening for me. 

Surging also saw that - thinking nothing is going to be fixed until XP11 full release thats why I haven't gotten to upset about much yet -  I will wait - will be worth it

Rich Sennett

Ill hold off till the next update, hopefully they fix a few of these items that hurt the overall experience. 

Hmm good to know - particle base rendering has not been updated yet like in the 330 - correct ?

A320 definitely has not been updated to new XP PBR

It's a surefire bet that PBR is not implemented, due to the last release of the aircraft, but I've taken a look outside and she still looks pretty decent without the PBR right now, but I know she'll look stellar once that update comes through.

As for an AP disco, I didn't experience that.  In fact, just prior to the weather going crazy (pure white), the AP was handling the approach like any other aircraft just fine.  I wound up disconnecting the AP manually and hand flying...well, more like hand dropping the aircraft to a less than favorable landing.  The passengers brought up their lunch, but they survived.  :wink:

I should also note that the only reason I loaded up the JD A320 in the first place is because I was itch'n to fly a tubeliner in XP11 and I didn't want to plunk down any new money on any aircraft just yet.  Speaking of which, I couldn't get the CT208 or the DA42 from Carenado to play nice with XP, hence my incessant use of the C172SP, so there is that.  I'll probably take the A320 out for another spin this weekend as a double-check to make sure she's cool and groovy.

The BSS sound pack sounds amazing for this as well. 

About that BSS sound pack. This will sound amazing when it release(maybe released already?) for JAR A320

It's a surefire bet that PBR is not implemented, due to the last release of the aircraft, but I've taken a look outside and she still looks pretty decent without the PBR right now, but I know she'll look stellar once that update comes through.

Groovy Jim thanks I get AP after take offs then takes quite a while to get it to settle in and even then it disconnects sometimes as stated the wait is on - I wont buy a carenado unless its up to XP11 specs and none are

About that BSS sound pack. This will sound amazing when it release(maybe released already?) for JAR A320

https://youtu.be/Gg8IX00wYN4

Definite buy in the future P3D version was great

Rich Sennett

Definite buy in the future P3D version was great

The BSS soundpack has been out for some time- it's available on the x-plane.org store. I've been using it since I bought the A320 and it's absolutely sublime- best $20 I've ever spent in any sim. 

http://store.x-plane.org/JARDesign-A320-CFM-Sound-Expansion-Pack-v3_p_428.html

The BSS soundpack has been out for some time- it's available on the x-plane.org store. I've been using it since I bought the A320 and it's absolutely sublime- best $20 I've ever spent in any sim. 
http://store.x-plane...k-v3_p_428.html

Yes, you're right. But have they released this version, IAE 3.1 yet? 

the current a330 beta is supported in x-plane 11, you have to download the current beta 6 from the jar design forums. i don't have any issues with the a330 at all in x-plane 11, just finished another flight this morning. the a320 hasn't had any changes to support x-plane 11. if you bought the a330 from the org store oct 15th forward you can access the a330 beta. if you bought it before oct 15th, you must pay a 20.00 upgrade fee.http://jardesign.org/forum/index.php you must register on the forums to get beta 6 and ground handling beta, it looks great in x-plane 11, nice reflections.