Sign in to follow this  

So, I wanted realistic sky textures. But I see both aimeleclercq creations clouds, and hdev2 clouds "photorealistic". I want the effect, when the plane goes through the clouds, the clouds realistically fly through the wing.

So, I wanted realistic sky textures. But I see both aimeleclercq creations clouds, and hdev2 clouds "photorealistic". I want the effect, when the plane goes through the clouds, the clouds realistically fly through the wing.

To get the wing fade effect when flying through clouds you'll need to buy either Active Sky Next or Active Sky 16. HDEv2 and Aime's stuff are just replacement cloud and sky textures.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

To get the wing fade effect when flying through clouds you'll need to buy either Active Sky Next or Active Sky 16. HDEv2 and Aime's stuff are just replacement cloud and sky textures.

I know, but which one is the BETTER one!

I know, but which one is the BETTER one!

I guess I'm confused as your original post didn't state that you already knew that you needed ASN or AS16.

Which one is better?

AS16 is newer and has some new features that ASN didn't have. Plus AS16 can integrate with ASCA to provide realtime texture updates.

If I were you I would go to the HiFiSim website and read about each product so that you can decide which one will meet your needs better, rather than have us list all the features of each product.

Both ASN and AS16 include the wing fade effect, so if that is all you're interested in then ASN might meet your needs and is less expensive.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I guess I'm confused as your original post didn't state that you already knew that you needed ASN or AS16.

Which one is better?

AS16 is newer and has some new features that ASN didn't have. Plus AS16 can integrate with ASCA to provide realtime texture updates.

If I were you I would go to the HiFiSim website and read about each product so that you can decide which one will meet your needs better, rather than have us list all the features of each product.

Both ASN and AS16 include the wing fade effect, so if that is all you're interested in then ASN might meet your needs and is less expensive.

naw, i'd rather not pay, but i mean which cloud textures are better? Hdev2 or AimeLeclercq creations?

also, sorry if im being picky, since i am new to avsim...  :wink:

which cloud textures are better? Hdev2 or AimeLeclercq creations?

The only person who can judge it is yourself.

Just try both, five minutes each and you will know.