Sign in to follow this  
EJ10

FSX default runway markings still show on add-on runway?

Sorry I haven´t replied in a while!

Regarding Blausterns suggestion of searching the ICAO code of the airport, that brought no conflicting files so I tried the 'Simple Airport Scanner' and that didn't bring anything up either. Also I'm not running Global or Vector.

For Bill, those are all the airports I have installed and as mentioned, I tried searching for the duplicates but nothing popped up. What other solutions are there?

Euan

Post a screen shot of the issue so we can see what it looks like.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm afraid that's got me stumped Euan! When I can't easily find the cause of a problem which arises in FSX, I always try to identify things that I might have changed in some way before the issue occurred. Sometimes, I can tell you from personal experience, that can involve a lot of head scratching as it might be something quite obscure.

You do however need to carefully look at the last few things you installed before the issue occurred and maybe temporarily uninstall them to see if the problem disappears. Also if the issue is happening at ALL of your addon airports, then maybe consider temporarily uninstalling Rex E+OD, just in case the runway textures were in some way left behind when you deactivated them.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help as I understand how frustrating these issues can become but if I can think of anything else to try I will let you know. Please let us know how you get on!

Cheers,

Bill

I feel as though the default FSX scenery for the airports is somehow overwriting the add-on scenery. Because I also get the problem of parts of the default runway or taxiway flickering on top of the add-on runway, which gives the sim a really unrealistic look. Also, at an add-on airport at night, the textures turn into the default airport night textures and it makes it really unpleasant to fly at night. I'm really struggling to find a solution here and but I'm really happy that you are trying your best to help me.

Is there anyway to just simply delete the default FSX airport files?

Euan

Post a screen shot of the issue so we can see what it looks like.

How do I post a screenshot, because it only gives me the option to give the url of the picture?

Euan

Yes and no, but I won't tell you how to do it because those files house over items and will crate more issues.

Are you using MyTrafficX by any chance? Because that includes AFCADS for many airports.

You might need to paste a copy of your Scenery.cfg so we can take a look at the layering.

How do I post a screenshot, because it only gives me the option to give the url of the picture?

Go to fsfiles.org and select upload now. Then select the BBC code and pastes it here. Attached is a screen shot showing what to select.

IMG_4419.png

I really would not recommend deleting any of the default FSX airport files. I have never had to delete/deactivate a default airport AFCAD file even though I have many hundreds of add-on airports including all of those which you have listed as being on your system so I doubt if deleting them would solve your problem and it may cause more issues.

Looking at your screenshots, I would think the abnormal runway markings are the ones with a white outline rather than the solid white markings. I don't think I have ever seen outlines alone on runway markings with any airport scenery and frankly I have no idea where they could be coming from! I would be really interested to hear if anyone else could cast any light on why runway markings should just appear in outline or from where they might have originated?

Bill

This what I see at almost all my add-on airports.

Euan

Are you using the DXT10 Preview in the FSX menu? If so, uncheck it and test.

Also, you never answered my other question, are you using MyTrafficX?

Can you post a copy of your scenery.cfg?

I was wondering why no one mentioned this before. It looks like the scenery is in the wrong order. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Are you using the DXT10 Preview in the FSX menu? If so, uncheck it and test.

Also, you never answered my other question, are you using MyTrafficX?

I just unchecked DXT10 Preview and it worked! The lines aren't there anymore! Do you still want a copy of my scenery.cfg?

Euan

I just unchecked DXT10 Preview and it worked! The lines aren't there anymore! Do you still want a copy of my scenery.cfg?

Euan

Glad that unchecking the DXT10 Preview fixed it. No need to post your scenery.cfg if everything is ok.

You see the DXT10 Preview was not a fully implemented feature when FSX was released and using it can cause anomalies.

If you want to run DXT10 without issue you'll need to get the DXT10 Fixer by Steve. They have a forum here at Avsim. http://www.avsim.com/forum/644-the-official-dx10-scenery-fixer-support-forum/

Pleased you got it sorted - have to admit I hadn't thought of DXT10 preview as the culprit!

Bill

Pleased you got it sorted - have to admit I hadn't thought of DXT10 preview as the culprit!

Bill

Yeah I would never have ever found that out. I just want to thank you Bill for the amount of support you gave me as it helped a lot! Thank you aswell to 'cmpbellsjc' for finding the solution.

I'll mark the question as solved now, but thank you for all your help!

Euan Jenkins

Bill

Believe it or not, I solved his problem by doing a google search for double runway marks and found some posts saying that turning of the DXT10 Preview fixed it.

Thank you aswell to 'cmpbellsjc' for finding the solution.

I'll mark the question as solved now, but thank you for all your help!

Euan Jenkins

You're welcome Euan.

Now you can go back to flying and not pulling your hair out, lol.

Believe it or not, I solved his problem by doing a google search for double runway marks and found some posts saying that turning of the DXT10 Preview fixed it.

You're welcome Euan.

Now you can go back to flying and not pulling your hair out, lol.

Really!!!!!! I couldn't find anything on them! But thank you anyway :)

Euan