Sign in to follow this  
andreadebiase

why are the doors over the wing lights coming on?

Sometimes the door light comes on for both doors over the wings, doors that i actually never open. I can't seem to find a reason for this but the last time was when I switched the power from engines to APU prior to cutoff fuel (once i engaged the barking brake). Is there any correlation to this or just a coincidence?

It's been a couple of years since I saw this topic so I might be wrong, but my memory says that this is also seen in the real aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

I don't have access to the introduction manual now, but isn't there a reference to the quirks of the real aircraft with a mention to that false positive? I may be wrong, it's been a long time since I opened that doc the last time.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

but my memory says that this is also seen in the real aircraft.

Not at the frequency it happens in the sim.  I've seen it happen one time in 1500 hours.

I saw this the other day as well during pushback and engine start.

Switched to outside view, but doors were closed.  The lights seemed to extinguish sometime between engine start and end of pushback/engine start procedure.  I don't know if it might be bacause I only have Hydraulic B pumps (Hydraulic A is off until startup is complete) on during start, but can't say I've noticed the indicator lights for the overwing doors before, and have pretty much been using the same procedure since I first started flying the NGX.  

It's not a big deal, as the lights eventually extinguished, so not sure if it's to do with the hydraulic system setup at startup.  And they never came on again, am at work, so can't refer to the NGX documenation right now.