Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

A Rant About Terrible Customer Support at SimMarket

I have been using FS since the FS98 days and been on AVSIM since FS2002. Was a staff member for several years. I think those of you who have seen my posts over the years know that I'm a pretty positive and friendly guy but I have to say that I have just had the most incredibly bad interaction with the SimMarket support staff. I tried to install an upgrade of a product that I already had working in FS9 so I could use it in FSX-SE. (I won't say the name of the product as it's not their fault.) I keep getting an error code when I enter the key code SimMarket provided me with. (copying and pasting the exact code sent to me as I have done with probably more than a hundred other products from various developers)

I have asked SimMarket to issue me with a new key code and all I have had in reply have been sarcastic comments about how I must be doing something wrong. Now a guy named Jorge is simply refusing to help at all. I've spent several hundred dollars on products from this company and can't believe the treatment I'm getting. I don't know if anyone else has had this kind of issue with them - up to now I have never had a problem with them.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem? If so, we need to contact their management people and tell them what's going on.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with their support.  I have used Simmarket since  around 2004 and have lots of money spent with them.  I have never had anything but good and friendly cooperation from them on support matters, and they have had to help me several times.

I don't understand why they would be giving you problems on this.

Bob

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you encounter this problem with them. I only buy at simmarket if it is significant cheaper than the original products' site. Or else I will purchase directly.

Hope you will get things sorted out.
Cheers.
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I have never had a real big issue with SimMarket, but I do think they could do better in terms of customer assistance. I can understand what kiwiflyer45 is talking about.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I had a similar issue with Just Flight where the downloaded Rex product would not install,Just Flight did not seem to be able to do anything so I contacted Rex who once again immediately sorted the issue for me ,so maybe contacting the add on developer will help you more,just to say in the past i have had very good service from Just Flight ( they just couldn't help this time)and Rex as all ways is first class in its dealing with their customers

Peter

Thanks for the support guys. I've been in this hobby for probably 20 years and have never had anything like this before. After spending hundreds of dollars buying products from them, I expected something better...

I have contacted the developer - maybe they can help but I'm not really sure how. The issue is that the key that SimMarket gave me doesn't work so not sure if the developer can solve that... Very frustrating....

Like you I've been in this for about 20 years also and have bought a hell of a lot of stuff from SimMarket. Any support issues I've had with purchases from them however have required input from the developer rather than SimMarket and I have never needed to ask SimMarket directly for support and, going by your experience, hopefully I never will!

Where possible I buy a lot of my addons now from PCAviator who are often a little cheaper than SimMarket and also have 10% off on Tuesday's. I actually had a similar issue about 2 months ago with a key which just would not work for a new download and I have to say the support from PCAviator was fast, friendly and courteous. My experience of Just Flight support is also similarly good. There is no excuse for the kind of response you had to your support issue and vendors with that attitude are just doing their own business a disservice in the end.

Bill

I had this very same problem only once. SimMarket referred me to the developer, but I decided not to bother since another developer had a much better version of the airport in question (Billund) in the works. Other than that I have never had a problem with the many dozens of airports I have purchased from them.

Regard,

Tom

I've had product  support issues in the past (2 occasions) - on both occasions, the responses were quite rude and dismissive.    Both occasions the same guy - i thought he was the owner.  Bad bad bad.

i don't buy from the sim market or x-aviation period anymore. i have been waiting 2 weeks now on x-aviation to reset my ixeg 737, the sim market after i activated so many times because i was on the windows 10 insider preview builds refused to continue to activate any of my products. my advice is, if you can find the product you want somewhere else do it, we own the products we purchase. we should not have to go around in circles to use are products.

• Upvote 1

Hi Folks,

I've dumped a considerable sum at Simmarket - fotunately - I've had zero interactions with them... Rude or poor customer service truly ticks me off - I'll start shopping elseware...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

You're not the only one having trouble there. That guy is making up excusses and refuses to reset activation for several addons, so I payed for stuff I cant install. And I really dont have a clue why, the only thing I can think of is an earlier situation where I payed several hundreds of euros for hardware, which I never recieved, but in my oppinion am I the one who should have a grudge towards him, not the other way around....

Cheers!

Maarten

It is such a simple issue to solve, sorry to hear about this. 

Matthew Kane

I have a problem or two too.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ITQyKJpPf1CFO/200.gif#220

• Upvote 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I've had product  support issues in the past (2 occasions) - on both occasions, the responses were quite rude and dismissive.    Both occasions the same guy - i thought he was the owner.  Bad bad bad.

Was his name "Jorge" by any chance? At best he was condescending - and when his simplistic "advice" turned into blaming me for being incapable of following simple directions, he became outright hostile and rude.

However, I do have good news. Though SimMarket have still done nothing to help, the developer has contacted me and has been very courteous and helpful. Though we still haven't solved the problem, he is working with me and if we can't solve it is going to make sure I get a refund. You can't ask for better than that.

I didn't contact the developer at first because it was an installation rather than a product issue and I assumed that because of that SimMarket would be the ones to assist. I won't make that assumption again in the future and will avoid buying from them unless it's something I really want and it's not available elsewhere.

Guys - I just want you to know I appreciate your responses. I'm not the whiny type nor am I negative and I was worried that my post would be seen as some kind of trolling. But I was just so angry and I felt the flightsim community deserved to know how one company had treated a long-time customer. So thanks for the positive remarks and support.... As always, the AVSIM community is awesome!!!!! :-)

Ian

• Upvote 3