Sign in to follow this  
nz_kiwi

Best thing since sliced bread

Hi all,

I just wanted to comment on the fantastic job the PMDG team have done on the new QOTSv2. I use FSX and have just flown from Bangkok to Alice Springs. I used sim-brief for the flight plan and weather brief; all loaded into the plane seamlessly. I used an on-line fuel planner which got the fuel load just right. This is the first time I have flown a complete flight without a freeze or stutter or OOM issues. I reinstalled FSX about a week ago and left every add-on off except for AS16 which I use for the 747's weather radar. 

I have now come to the conclusion that all of the scenery addons I was using were contributing to the stutters, freezes and OOM problems I was having. So, after having decided I would rather fly the beautiful plane PMDG gave us than look at all of the flash scenery, I have to say, my flying is a lot more enjoyable. Well done team.

• Upvote 4

I just wanted to comment on the fantastic job the PMDG team have done on the new QOTSv2.

We appreciate that. Hope you had a good flight! Certainly sounds like you did.

Kyle Rodgers

It's important to notice that it's NOT just the aeroplane you are flying that causes issues with the Simulator.  The more you add, the more burden you carry.  The secret is to find the sweet spot.  Too often the aeroplane is blamed for the OOM/etc, when it's merely the straw that broke the camel's back...

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi all,

I just wanted to comment on the fantastic job the PMDG team have done on the new QOTSv2. I use FSX and have just flown from Bangkok to Alice Springs. I used sim-brief for the flight plan and weather brief; all loaded into the plane seamlessly. I used an on-line fuel planner which got the fuel load just right. This is the first time I have flown a complete flight without a freeze or stutter or OOM issues. I reinstalled FSX about a week ago and left every add-on off except for AS16 which I use for the 747's weather radar. 

I have now come to the conclusion that all of the scenery addons I was using were contributing to the stutters, freezes and OOM problems I was having. So, after having decided I would rather fly the beautiful plane PMDG gave us than look at all of the flash scenery, I have to say, my flying is a lot more enjoyable. Well done team.

There's the G spot right there.

I have turn down all the unnecessary eye-candy settings since most of the time I sit in the cockpit. If there is a way to disable the exterior model to get some VAS I'd have done it. 

Just want to do some experiment from the inside of a Queen :P

Cheers.

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Yes..there is a way to disable the exterior model..some MDL entry has to be commented out..if you search Google you will find one..

"Yes..there is a way to disable the exterior model..some MDL entry has to be commented out..if you search Google you will find one.."

I can't understand why anyone would want to do this with the latest QOTSII. Get rid of all the other eye candy? Yes, but seeing G-BNLG or any one of the other magnificent B744 liveries flying past in Spot View is a Dream to behold!

Bertie Goddard

It depends on what one wants..some people just like to fly in the cockpit and save on VAS..some people like to fly it by sitting outside...so external model is important for them...

WOW WOW WOW, They make sliced bread now! Jezz, that was fast.  :fool:  :Tounge:

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

WOW WOW WOW, They make sliced bread now! Jezz, that was fast.  :fool:  :Tounge:

Yep. Awesome isn't it? Just tried it in the toaster works perfectly, I was getting sick of trying to jam the whole loaf in there. :smile:

Saves time.

...also saves people from cutting their hands. Depending on the bread, you need a sharp, serrated blade to cut through it. Not sure how my friends cut their homemade bread, but I've seen a number of "wow, knives are sharp - going to the hospital" posts on Facebook over the years.

Now, watch me cut myself next time I go to cut something...

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers