Sign in to follow this  
nz_kiwi

Best thing since sliced bread

So is this topic about how great Queen is and how using it doesn't result in OOM or how it's wise to disable all the non quite necessary scenery to avoid already mentioned OOM's. Hm, perhaps the both.

Disabling the external model ?

Haven't done it but couldn't it be done via editing "model.cfg", eg

In Razbam A-7 model folder, in file model.cfg there's a text:

[models]
normal=A-7
interior=A-7E_interior

delete normal=A-7 (or put // in front of that line to disable it, like // normal=A-7), after making a backup :smile: first of course, leaving just that interior line and... you'll have only internal model of that plane for yourself.

If a game crashes, come here and open new topic. :He He: But you should be fine though... 

Hi all,

I just wanted to comment on the fantastic job the PMDG team have done on the new QOTSv2. I use FSX and have just flown from Bangkok to Alice Springs. I used sim-brief for the flight plan and weather brief; all loaded into the plane seamlessly. I used an on-line fuel planner which got the fuel load just right. This is the first time I have flown a complete flight without a freeze or stutter or OOM issues. I reinstalled FSX about a week ago and left every add-on off except for AS16 which I use for the 747's weather radar. 

I have now come to the conclusion that all of the scenery addons I was using were contributing to the stutters, freezes and OOM problems I was having. So, after having decided I would rather fly the beautiful plane PMDG gave us than look at all of the flash scenery, I have to say, my flying is a lot more enjoyable. Well done team.

I've flown multiple routes so far with this beautiful creation of PMDG's also and have had ZERO issues. I also do not use any ORBX scenery or any other addons with the exception on AS2016 and GSX. I prefer to put the computer's resources into simulating flying the queen.

PMDG has done a wonderful job creating this masterpiece and my hat goes off to them. Thanks guys for all your hard work. I personally don't think there's enough people that come on here and say they are having zero issues. I know this is a support forum but let's all let them know how grateful we are to have such a wonderful rendition of this bird and if you're having zero issues, let them know. I think it would be a refreshing break from all the support issues they deal with.

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

Mark Adams, KPWM

Thanks Mark. Indeed it is refreshing. When you're working support, you're usually only getting tickets about the things that are going wrong (though there are occasional messages of thanks, not including the 'thank you' we usually get when things get resolved). It's nice to see people thoroughly enjoying it, and sharing that. Thank you.

Kyle Rodgers

I've flown multiple routes so far with this beautiful creation of PMDG's also and have had ZERO issues.

Ditto, the only things I've encountered have been minor and turned out to be a pilot issue, not an aircraft issue :)

This aircraft is truly an accomplishment.

Dave Reage

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

We appreciate that. Hope you had a good flight! Certainly sounds like you did.

Hey Kyle, I just notice I cant access aircraft specific settings for the 747 from the ops centre. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I just notice I cant access aircraft specific settings for the 747 from the ops centre.

I had noticed this too right after the aircraft was released. Why was this change made? Granted I usually just stick with an aircraft's pre-configured options, making changes via the FMC is more cumbersome than using the Ops Center...

This is correct.

Phew thanks. Just completed a full install of P3D. Do you know if the new NVIDIA driver has fixed the OOM errors? I rolled back to a 2016 version

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Phew thanks. Just completed a full install of P3D. Do you know if the new NVIDIA driver has fixed the OOM errors? I rolled back to a 2016 version

Not sure. I follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" principle with their drivers. Unless there's some groundbreaking thing in the new version, I don't update, particularly until others have had a crack at it.

Kyle Rodgers