Sign in to follow this  
cx777

ELEC GEN 1 2 3 4 wont turn on.

Try out the 744F PW in PANC in cold weather, keep the engines off for a couple of minutes and see what results you get.

edit: can a mod move this topic to the 747 forum, my bad!

After the engine starts, let it idle for awhile for the oil temperature to catch up, you might get the GEN 1 to 4 eicas warning but that's normal since the N1 % is too low

Just move the throttles up slightly to get them running, make sure you have the APU power on before you do this so the aircraft doesn't lose power.

Had this problem myself when flying the PW model, might be a bug but that's how I got it working.  I think it's because of the cold weather up at PANC that causes the engine to idle lower than normal.

Thanks Alvin moved the throttles up slightly and the electrical generators powered up, solved my issue.

First time I saw this during beta I was instructed how to nudge the throttles forward a little, you need to get some air flowing through those engines, especially the rollers.  This is realistic by the way.

Dan Downs KCRP

Interesting... To me it seems odd that a generator drive system which is designed to operate with N3 speeds from 51.4%~101.6%N3 (4,650 - 9,200 rpm) can't handle a little cold weather (especially -13C).

I understand that a lower idle will result because of temperatures (My tables show around 55%N3 at -30C compared to 60%N3 at 20C at sea level). This equates to a 1% idle speed change for every 10C variation in temperature. To get close to the lower limit of 51.4%N3, the temperature would have to be -60C :Tounge:

Of course, this is all theory/manufacturer specifications... I defer to those with more practical experience.

Cheers

John H Watson.

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

Well, it happens when you start your engines consequently, all you have to do is to go to the ELEC ENG CONTROL  which is located beside the IRS control open the guard for switch 3 and press it, a warning light will illuminate "ALTN" on the same switch and the off light should go off from the GEN CONT 3 switch, after that switch ELEC ENG CONTROL 3 back to normal and close the guard, and you are ready to go.

Edited by AHMAD Marei