Sign in to follow this  
jgrant66

Mach trim warning light

I have version 2.8 installed and am seeing the Mach Trim warning light stay lit on the annunciator panel. I have seen mention of "turning off the Mach Trim system" but do not see how to do that.

Thanks for anyone's help.

JayGee

I have version 2.8 installed and am seeing the Mach Trim warning light stay lit on the annunciator panel. I have seen mention of "turning off the Mach Trim system" but do not see how to do that.

Thanks for anyone's help.

JayGee

I have never seen that light. There is a rotary knob on the panel just in front of the throttles that has a Mach Trim Test position. You could try playing with that. The manual say clicking the knob with the mouse wheel should activate the test, but it doesn't seem to work for me -- I'm not sure my mouse is set up for mouse wheel clicks. As for an on/off switch, popping a circuit breaker may be the only way to do that. Maybe someone with RW Lear experience will chime in.

Al

The mach trim system in the actual aircraft is required for certification due to inherent "mach tuck" characteristics of the aircraft. It is an automatic system that uses the the primary pitch trim system to function. In normal use there is no interaction required by the pilot other than ensuring the primary position is selected on the pitch trim switch.There is no "on - off" switch, it either works or does not. If the Mach Trim light illuminates in flight the pilot can attempt to clear the malfunction use the rotary test Mach Trim position and pressing test to rescynchronize the system and restore normal function.The rotary test is used in preflight to verify the system is operational.

When hand flying the system becomes active at .69 mach, if a malfunction occurs that cannot be cleared then you are restricted to.74 mach or the auto pilot must be engaged to continue operation above .74 mach.When the FSW model was released I noticed a bug that would cause the Mach Trim light to illuminate when intentionally exceeding Mmo, which is inaccurate, nor does the stick puller function. I do not know if that was ever addressed or if the mach indicator accuracy was fixed.If you are seeing this above .81 the actual Mmo then that might be the reason.

Gary Stewart