Sign in to follow this  
enzoferrari

Momentary freezing upon nose gear contact and gear retraction

Greetings! First of all, thank you very much for a newly refreshed 747-400 addon. It flies like a charm and I absolutely love it. There was just one small problem I have been having with it though. Every time I retract the landing gear after takeoff, or just at the very moment the nose gear touches down on the runway on landing, the sim freezes for a second before unfreezing. Because of this, I am not able to see the entire animation of the gear doors opening, or the nose gear touchdown smoke effects. I don't know if this is an FSX glitch or something else. This happens both with default airport scenery and third party airport addons. I was just wondering how I can stop this momentary freezing. I will provide my system performance specs below if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bharat Lakshmanan

System Specs:

Dell Studio XPS 8100

1TB hard drive with 8GB of RAM

i7-860 Quad Core Processor

NVIDIA GeForce GT720 graphics card with 1024 MB memory

This issue is most likely the sounds being loaded. You can preload the sounds from the CDU options screen but it will use more VAS.

Sean Green

Same here. Not important, but bit annoying.

Inmy case only happens at gear retraction.

Asus Z170 pro gaming

Intel 6700k

16 GB DDR4

Samsung 850 Evo

Asus GTX1070

Other than that , fantastic product. Thanks PMDG.

Regards.

Miquel Egea.