Sign in to follow this  
freded

Control panel on the FO’s side inoperative

I kept a record of what exactly I did as I worked through Tutorial 1.5 and I see that I did NOT select the APU before disconnecting Ground Power! This was because I was concerned that UPLIFT FUEL up was losing ground to the APU's thirst for fuel, so I turned it off. As Ground Power was already disconnected, I saw that ALL the FO's panel displays had blacked out so immediately re-established Ground Power, which caused the PFD and ND to turn on. Obviously, in hind sight, this was what caused the two panels on the FO's side to lose their functions.

The tutorial does not ask you to upload fuel with ground operations, it simply instructs you to set the fuel on pg 0.00.12. Then battery ON, APU START  and so on.  Not sure why you had ground power since it's not part of the tutorials flows.

You can restore the equipment that is off during power shed by restoring power.  Either connect ground power or start APU and after it comes on line ensure the APU GEN is ON.  After that, it takes a few minutes for everything to power up and go through self test.

Dan Downs KCRP

in your cdu make sure the efis ctl and dsp ctl are set to off this is found on the first page where your got fmc and sat on the left hand side of the cdu and the efis and dsp on the right hand side

turn these to on than your able to by pass the control panel by using the cdu , doesnt explain why the control panel doesnt work though, it was mentioned in the video the 777 captain myron has said he only saw the panel failed once in his career

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that! I'll give it a whirl.

I'm in the middle of working through Tutorial 1.5 again and hopefully I shan't have the same problem this time. But if I do I'll try Capt Myron's method.

The tutorial does not ask you to upload fuel with ground operations, it simply instructs you to set the fuel on pg 0.00.12. Then battery ON, APU START  and so on.  Not sure why you had ground power since it's not part of the tutorials flows.

You can restore the equipment that is off during power shed by restoring power.  Either connect ground power or start APU and after it comes on line ensure the APU GEN is ON.  After that, it takes a few minutes for everything to power up and go through self test.

Hi Dan,

The error happened on page 28: "Set the chocks, release the parking brake, and connect the GPU and air conditioning unit."

When I was up to Page 37, I noticed that the refuelling was losing ground to the APU , so I turned it off not realising that the GPU was off-line and so all power was off...

Restoring power with GPU brought all gauges back to life except for the ones I mentioned.

Restoring power with GPU brought all gauges back to life except for the ones I mentioned.

Odd..., both primary and secondary EXT PWR are ON?  The power up sequence is longer than you expect.  Hope things work out as expected second time.

Dan Downs KCRP