Sign in to follow this  
wrberg12

Fed Up

Even if development stopped entirely for P3D today, I would still consider it to be my platform of choice. It really is simple to manage, delivers great performance (yes, it does) , has a ton of addons, can be made to look absolutely stunning in every part of the world - and includes the world's mainstream airliners done to a high level of detail.

Anything LM produces additional to what we already have,  I consider a massive bonus to an already amazing platform.  Yes it's expensive, but so is golf or any other hobby or sport if you are serious enough about getting the most out of it

I tried XP11, and the performance is bad, I don't know why. I have GTX980 and quite strong CPU, so I don't get it. Do I need 1080? Who knows? But I won't shell out $800 to find out...

XP11 performance is bad, because it's still a beta product. It will improve with the final release.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

If you knew LM speak, you would realize that little conversation promised nothing. LM's primary customer base is DOD. DOD makes glaciers look quick. It is entirely possible to create add-ons that are 64 bit and use scenery from FS/FSX/P3D via a call interface (PSX being one, I believe), but that is a very different thing than a 64 bit base simulation. That interface, in fact, removes any pressure from LM or its customers to go to a new base platform. For the consumer, it means very expensive add-ons.

DJ

FSX-SE DX10 is my main go-to sim. I run it with moderate settings and add-ons, and very few tweaks if any. It's quite a smooth running stable sim.

If you knew LM speak, you would realize that little conversation promised nothing. LM's primary customer base is DOD. DOD makes glaciers look quick. It is entirely possible to create add-ons that are 64 bit and use scenery from FS/FSX/P3D via a call interface (PSX being one, I believe), but that is a very different thing than a 64 bit base simulation. That interface, in fact, removes any pressure from LM or its customers to go to a new base platform. For the consumer, it means very expensive add-ons.

DJ

ELITE IFR FNPTs also use P3D for the Visuals.

FSLabs is actually using P3D or FSX as visuals generators, since the flight dynamics component, and most if not all of the not merely visual systems are externally simulated.

That is why I think on a first step LM could port their visuals component to 64 bit while leaving the FDM in 32 bit, or open as it already is to external flight models.

Ah, and yes, PSX allows for FSX, P3D or X-Plane 10 and 11 to be used as visuals generators.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...