Sign in to follow this  
RXP

GTN Touch v2.4 upcoming news (updated)

Hi, like you might have noticed a few customers have been having problems with the latest GTN update, and a few with the latest GNS update.

Problems are mostly on XP11 Beta 9, and XP10 is working fine. It goes as far as I've just read a customer cannot start the simulator with the GTN unless he releases the Saitek toe brakes... go figure this one, this is a XP11 beta.

Nevertheless, we've been following and testing about 3 different builds with about 5 different customers directly, until we've reached enough stability, and we've now managed to get there.

Because of this, the next updates were delayed a little, but since we are almost done, I wanted to let you know about what's coming up!

For the GTN, next update will include flight plan import (native .gpl text format), user waypoints import, and per-aircraft checklists (native .ace format).

For the GNS, next update will include flight plan import (native .fpl xml format) AND flight plan export (native .fpl xml fomat)

For both the GTN and the GNS, next update will also come with a GUI for setting up the devices in-sim. This will make it easier to configure most if not all options, and there is no need to exit the simulator: it is a native popup window!

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:

gui_settings_1.png

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Awesome!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Jean-Luc ,

These are exactly the flightplan functionalities I have asked for a little ago. Awesome to see it implemented!

Really looking forward to these updates!

Any chance the pop-up window might become a pop-out window like the one in the internal G530 in XP11.  I am able to drag into into my iPad which is set up as an  external touch screen monitor using the iPad app Duet Display.  It works great but would be even better with the touch controlled GTN750.

my G530 and how I did it: X-Plane 11 $40 iPad GPS

Hi will this update be coming out soon?

The reason I ask is while testing in X-plane 11 I had a crash to desktop and when I started backup GTN650 has stopped working. GTN 750, GNS530 and GNS430 all still working okay.

Tried a reinstall of GTN650 but it says my Trainer is not up to date. It must be as all the rest is working.

I have lost the GTN650 in both X-Plane 10 and 11.

Before I start muching about will the 2.4 update be soon.

Tom.

Is it possible your GTN750 installer was from the older version?  And the other gauges were from the newer installer?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:

The GUI is a brilliant feature. Everything in one place to set up just how I like it. Simple, yet brilliant. Thank you for continuously making it better. 

For the GNS, next update will include flight plan import (native .fpl xml format) AND flight plan export (native .fpl xml fomat)

Quick question to this one - how will GTN handle a case where a waypoint isn't in database? I think we all know Garmin DB can be a little finicky.

It is very easy to create the missing waypoint with the GTN. Either temporary or permanently stored in the data base using various methods log/lat, vectors from a VOR etc. Ive been flying many flights with the GTN new navdata/trainer and yet to run into a missing intersection. Not saying it can't happen. Hope that helped.

Yes, I know! I have quite a big collection of custom waypoiints stored, was just wondering how will that work with flight plan import. Will it recognize our custom, "named" waypoint?

Sorry for being a little late on the forum, it has been cold over here and I've literally caught it.

When importing flight plans it depends. From memory, the GTN will automatically create user waypoints identified as such. For the GNS it will report a message "FPL is locked" because it is using custom waypoints.

Simple, yet brilliant. Thank you for continuously making it better. 

Thank you for your kind words! I've wanted to have this in our products for ages too. Note: the screenshot is the full view but it initially display in a smaller window height and you can scroll the content. Each section is also collapsible, hopefully the most used are listed atop.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi will this update be coming out soon?

The reason I ask is while testing in X-plane 11 I had a crash to desktop and when I started backup GTN650 has stopped working. GTN 750, GNS530 and GNS430 all still working okay.

Tried a reinstall of GTN650 but it says my Trainer is not up to date. It must be as all the rest is working.

I have lost the GTN650 in both X-Plane 10 and 11.

Before I start muching about will the 2.4 update be soon.

Tom.

All working again.  :smile:

A quick update before the official release tomorrow!

We've have been nailing down a number of additional issues, such as the 'master device' not saving to the ini file, and a couple of edge cases. But we've taken the additional length to include a surprise! Well, it won't be a surprise anymore because I'll tell you right away: 

With a simple option toggle in the new configuration panel, you redirect all the MENU, CDI, DTO, knobs etc... to our GNS and GTN. You'll now be able to control the GNS (and the GTN) with the default X-Plane GPS!

For the GNS, this make integration a snap, and there will be a tutorial in the manual. It consists only in

1) taking a snapshot of the 3d panel (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+SPACE)

2) opening this screenshot in your paint program to measure down a coordinate and a size

3) adding a new section in your RealityXP.GNS.INI file

4) toggle the option.

After these 4 simple steps, you end up with something like this, with working knobs and keys:

gns_panel3d.jpg

For the GTN, the X-Plane COM/VLOC knobs are mapped to the FMS knobs (lower right), the GPS inner knob is mapped to the VOL knob (upper left), the MENU key maps to the HOME button and the DTO key to the DirectTO button!

Woah!  Neato!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |