Sign in to follow this  
Edward Law

VRInsight FCU Combo and LINDA

Hi Daniel

Thank you for your report. I will need to see the full fsuipc5.log to see what is going wrong. Please email to linda @ awginfosys dot net (remove spaces and insert fullstops).

The problem appears to be triggered by ActiveSky weather map causing the Illegal Operations. This is nothing to do with LINDA as LINDA has not yet started and will not have initialised the VRi FCU display. What versions of ap_machMACH6ActiveSky, FSUIPC5 and LINDA are you using? I am using AS for P3Dv4 v6773. The AP_MACH_VAR_DEC (FSX Control 65917) may be associated with a FSUIPC/SimConnect problem that I will need to raise elsewhere.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hey Scot!

Thank you very much, I'll be glad to donate something for all this support you are providing to me.

I'm sending the logs to the email to you. Just to clarify:

P3Dv4, using Active Sky for P3D v6773. Latest version of Linda 3.0.7 and FSUIPC 5.1.4.0

Something that could be important for you if this is using Simconnect, I'm using other softwares that uses Simconnect with no issues (not open at the moment) like PRO-ATCX, Active Sky, and also used SPAD.Next as well (all of them closed, except for Active sky). Simconnect version says 4.3.0.0. Shall I install other versions for older compatibility for the Simconnect? Since I've installed P3Dv4 I never installed others than the one that came with the P3dV4 so the only version is 4.3 but not other older versions. Could you confirm that Linda requires them to work properly?

Could you confirm what specific items will need LINDA to Initialize after I load the airplane or what could eventually fail? This test was done with Aerosoft Airbus A319, and I did the same test with default scenario, like F22 in AFB, loading the "FSX Default". Has the same behavior, that part that looks like initialize in the console in LINDA never happens therefore the hardware is in "standby" for "fly now".

By the way, I did all the testings you suggested. Spent a lot of team reading carefully all the previous posts, and Did all the DEBUG test with the hardware, checking the com port and sending the test commands TSTON/OFF LITON/OFF CMDCON etc, all of them worked as expected and the device responded as expected. One strange thing, LINDA seems to be partially working in Prepar3D -> If I map a command to the Joystick Saitek X56 for example Button 1, to Toggle AP1, it works fine so this seems to be isolated with the initialization of the VRi device.

Hi Daniel

Thank you for the copy of the logs. It is better that you send the original files rather than cut and paste. I have asked the question with the FSUIPC developer as to what the cause of the Exception 25 Illegal Operations reading the FSX Control values could be. It is strange that the fault is occurring with both default and the Aerosoft Airbus. Although the LINDA GUI may be starting, the log tells me that FSUIPC has not been able to start the LINDA LUA code. It is crashing as soon as it identifies the aircraft in use. The LUA code controls all outputs to the MCP so I would not expect the Fly Now display to change. LINDA has yet taken control of the MCP. I conclude that this is a FSUIPC issue and not a LINDA problem.

I would ask you to look at your FSUIPC5.INI for the [Programs] entry and ensure that RunIf linda.exe entry only appears once. I would recommend you delete all the FSUIPC file from /modules and reinstall FSUIPC5 5.140.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Daniel

I have had the following feedback:

"Looks like corruption in P3D. Just about every Sim Var FSUIPC needs to populate the offsets is failed.

The only thing I know which causes such weird symptoms (different on different folks systems) is a bad wxstationlist. bin file or weather (.wx) file.  Ask him to make a copy of the first as I would like to look at it IF it isresponsible -- I'm trying to convince L-M to check such files before using them -- then just delete it, before running P3d (it will make a new one). If that fixes it please send me a copy of the bad file.

The bin file is in his AppData\Roaming ... folder, same place as the main P3D cfg."

Please email me the your wxstationlist.bin. Afterwards, it may be advisable to un/re-install your ASforP3D.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Scot:

According to the log files, the illegal operation only happens when I load the airbus professional; it doesn't when I load any default airplane. 

The wxstationlist.bin is in Prepar3d Folder under Weather\ and not located in the Appdata\Roaming\Prepar3d V4\

I deleted by the way, and the behaviour is the same. I'll be glad to reinstall the FSUIPC again, However in the FSUIPC logs there are no indicators or errors at all, especially if I pick the default airplane, the FSUIPC also used by many airplanes works perfectly fine, I did with Spad.Next and able to manage externally any FSUIPC inputs and outputs from different hardware. I don't know exactly how do you reach to the conclusion that is FSUIPC issue and not LINDA, considering that linda is the only component failing in the chain, I'm able to query and send data to FSUIPC.

"Looks like corruption in P3D. Just about every Sim Var FSUIPC needs to populate the offsets is failed."

How do you reach this conclusion? The Airbus professional is generating that on load, doesn't happen with PMDG or Default F22, so I consider that assuming a "severe corruption" based on no data is kinda quick to solve this issue. I will follow the FSUIPC reinstall and send the wxstationlist.bin

I'll be glad to help diagnose this issue and provide all the data but first we need to get into the actual errors, assuming that the last line says Weather AS and nothing happens and then thinking the AS is the issue (which is uninstalled now, the same behaviour) it's a bad approach and doesn't lead us to the actual error which should be at least in the FSUIPC logs if it is unable to initialize one or more components.

Let me know if I could enable something that will create debug logs so we can dive deep into the issue.

Thanks

Edited by ScotFlieger

Sorry, perhaps I misread you previous post when you said both the Airbus and default were affected. If it is only affecting the Aerosoft I would suggest reinstalling that aircraft again. Also I would not recommend using Spad.Next and LINDA together: the former should be disabled from starting.

The "Looks like corruption in P3D" quote comes from the FSUIPC expert not me. It is he who wished to view your wxstationlist.bin. See this thread. With regard to the logs, it is not LINDA that is triggering the problem. It is a combination of P3D, FSUIPC and Aerosoft Airbus. Perhaps he could follow it up directly with Peter. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

But the problem is not only with Airbus. It is not working with any aircraft, even with Default or PMDG. Basically the device is not working at all. FSUIPC doesn't looks to be the problem as I can use many airplanes that are using FSUIPC without any issues.

I disabled SPAD and any other add on I had in place like AS, Rex Force 3D, even I reinstalled an repaired all the files from P3D and it is having the same behaviour.

I'm sending you the latest logs with all debug options activated and just loading default and PMDG, I can't see any errors over there that indicates a problem trying to initialize something.

Daniel, you are confusing me as I can only interpret what you write. You stated earlier that "How do you reach this conclusion? The Airbus professional is generating that on load, doesn't happen with PMDG or Default F22,".

FSUIPC5.log will be generated in all cases when FSUIPC is running. The next step would be to eliminate LINDA by deleting linda.lua and linda.exe.

I do need to see the raw fsuipc5.log and linda2.log files if I am to help analyse your issue.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank you for the latest logs.

Studying the logs shows that LINDA is initialising but halts awaiting a new aeroplane event (offset 3D00). This coincides with the FSUIPC stalling. What happens when LINDA is disabled?

You need to edit the fsuipc5.ini to change LogOptionProtect=Yes to =No. Also you have various extra FSUIPC debug options selected which are cluttering the log. There is a new LINDA 3.0.8 build 807 available if you want to try it.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I will disable the setting and disable the extra debug. Let me do few more testings with newer LINDA version!

Scot:

I've been doing some testings and I could not find any kind of errors in the logs I've been generating lately. The Error 25 operation seems to be attached only when I load the Airbus Professional A319, and not when I load other airplanes like PMDG 737 or F-22 Raptor. In all cases, I don't see any "FSUIPC" stalling, as I understand, Linda relies entirely on FSUIPC, so if FSUIPC was stalled or corrupted or not working we have some of the following behaviours:

- The airplane won't load at all, most of the PMDG models depend 100% on FSUIPC.

- Linda will not respond to any of the actions mapped to Buttons in standard Joystick (HID) like Button1 I've set AP1 OFF for PMDG, and it is working

- Spent last 15 years of my life reading logs, and I could not find still a single error in all the logs, a halt or at least an issue that points to the problem

I will send the latest logs in a few minutes, however, I can isolate the issue at the moment to Linda and the FCU management/initialization by part of Linda, or eventually the FSUIPC that handles the VRinisght, as seems to be not having any issues controlling the joystick buttons and the actions I map to them, plus on this the FCU flashes when I start the simulator which means the RST command send in the beginning is taking action. The FCU is working correctly in the port assigned, I've tried two, COM7, and COM3 at the moment. In both of them, If I uninstall LINDA (now 3.0.8b) and I launch the SerialFP2 or the VRiSIM, and I select, for example, PMDG 737 when I load that model, the FCU initialises and works without any issue.

Is there something else I can do to help to dig into this issue? Can I enable any other debug log In/OUT commands to understand when it is failing and why it is doing that?
The device says SerialFP 2.52, it is possible that something changed during the time and now Linda is handling correctly older versions of the hardware but failing to manage the newer ones?

I will get back to your comments later but Pete has replied to me with the following:

On 9/2/2018 at 7:11 PM,  Pete Dowson said: 

FSUIPC now deletes it in Appdata so that the next session is ok. If it then gets corrupted again some app is doing it, or the default is corrupted.

No, the default was not corrupted. If the next session was problem free then FSUIPC's deletion of the bad one and, presumably, the deletion now of the good default, has prevented whatever it is which was corrupting it from doing so.

Otherwise, it was either the WX file being loaded (the default, by the look of it: 
C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.wx).
or something else is corrupted in P3D itself.

To prevent FSUIPC even trying to read weather, you can add "NoWeatherAtAll=Yes" to the [General] section of the INI. This will stop FSUIPC having anything to do with weather and therefore not invoke SimConnect actions which these corruptions affect. Of course that doesn't stop other weather programs doing it. But it will at least identify whether this was really the problem or not.

Otherwise it sounds like a repair job on the P3D4 installation.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I already installed from media the repair option that installed all the Prepar3D files again. Also disabled all additional mods. It's still having the same behaviour

Let me try the Weather parameter in the ini file and see what happens

Same behavior. Only addon that I had now installed beside scenery is GSX.

I've just sent the logs via email