Sign in to follow this  
Edward Law

VRInsight FCU Combo and LINDA

A simple question. When I load the MCP panel (Airbus) without LINDA, using SerialFP2. If I press the Lights button, the device resets.

I suspect there is a malfunction, I'm going to return it as I never managed to get it working with Linda and starting thinking the device is not working as expected, the reason why LINDA maybe can't handle it. However, it works with the default software. Sometimes I have to open the software twice to get it working, a sign that could be something wrong here.

Update: there is a bug in LINDA. Choosing the COM upper COM19, there is no COM20, and all the remaining options are offset by 1 (so 23 says that COM22 is missing in FSUIPC.INI, you can validate saving the settings.

Thanks for the point about the COM ports. An upper limit of 19 would normally be more than sufficient. All the changes and connection/disconnections will have created lots of now defunct COM ports. In the past I have had to go into Windows to delete the old ones.

As one final step that I have thinking about is for you to send me your complete /modules folder and all contents. I can then plug it into my system to see whether it works for me. That should eliminate the FSUIPC/LINDA set up from your P3D, Addons and aircraft. I can test against PMDG and AS Airbus.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I will send my full modules folder. 

I've checked the device manager with the 

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

And the "Show hidden devices" in devmgmt.msc (Device Manager) but the only device under COM ports is the COM17 at the moment which is the device, and it's transparent because it's unplugged.

I'm thinking about seriously returning the device to Aerosoft. The product has no support whatsoever, no updates since 2 (almost 3) years, and no plans to add for compatibility with the Airbus Professional which is the current one. It looks like the guys are making money selling old stuff and leaving their customers stranded. I really loved the device, but the default software is useless. Seems to not work with Linda, which renders the device a super expensive paperweight.

Hi Daniel

Thank you for sending the full modules folder and files. I plugged it into my system with my VRi FCU attached. I changed only the following settings:

• In FSUIPC Settings Logging I unticked the Log Lua Plugins separately. This combines all LUA logs with the FSUIPC logs.
  • On Setup LINDA page I ticked the Start GUI with Flt Sim checkbox and allowed LINDA to make the changes to FSUIPC INI (Yes option).
  • On LINDA MCP Combo Setup page Com Port to match my Windows comport (COM3) and allowed LINDA to modify the FSUIPC INI [VRInsight] block.

I then restarted P3D which started LINDA and correct initialised the FCU panel for a default aircraft and for PMDG737 as expected. The FSUIPC5.log registers all the expected entries from identifying the aircraft to reporting ready.

I can only conclude that your /modules folder is correct and FSUIPC5/LINDA operating correctly. Your problem lies elsewhere.

As you say that SerialFP drives the panel, I can assume that your have the correct FDTI Serial to USB drivers installed. Mine has driver version 2.12.28.0 dated 16 Aug 2017.

I am not sure what else to advise.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Scott:

I appreciate your effort here configuring or trying to replicate the issue, but you guys are the developers of LINDA, not me, and you are definitely the right people to help to understand the debug part of LINDA and FSUIPC for troubleshooting.

Saying "oh this doesn't happen to me" doesn't mean that it's not happening, and doesn't mean the issue it's fixed. If this issue is not happening in your particular installation, that is perfectly fine. Then help me out to set the right debug settings or anything else that could lead us to check and validate which commands are failing to initialize

For sure there should be an indicator that leads to "an issue" that at least could be a hint in the logs of LINDA or FSUIPC that could lead us to a problem with one particular component, or at least finding one single error line that could help to understand what happened in the background.

Hi Daniel

I am sorry that you feel you have not had the support you expect from me for our free product. I have done all I am able and I cannot reproduce your fault condition with my system. I have tested your FSUIPC/LINDA setup again today with several aircraft (default, AS A319 Pro, FSLabs A320X and PMDG 737NGX). My VRi FCU Panel works with your installation perfectly every time .

Perhaps your should return your panel to Aerosoft or contact VRInsight. LINDA is a free to use product, supported in our free time. If you are so unhappy please look elsewhere. I can offer no more support or relieve your frustration. We have plenty of satisfied users. I am closing this thread. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Daniel,

you have to change your sight onto the LINDA project: LINDA was developed for our own private usage. And we thought it would be nice to share it to the community as for sure several other people find it useful.

I think, Andrew tried as much as he can, but if we have no solution in the end, then you have to accept it.

So forcing us with "there should be" or "you have to" doesn't fit as we do not have to do anything. We share our knowledge, we try to help and you can use it. If it doesn't work for you, we are very sorry!

But that's it.

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------