Sign in to follow this  
Donald Traill

Engine design and "Chemtrails"

People who believe in chemtrails always point to contrails being different in appearance or lasting longer than they used to. It seems to me debunkers are really dropping the ball when it comes to the science. I have seen no one touch the fact of how ever increasing bypass ratios in airline engines are the real reason behind the perceived changes in contrails and how they tend to last longer or provide the nucleus of new clouds more often.

Contrails really have changed since most of us old timers were kids; why don't we hear more about the real reason why?

Donald

People who believe in chemtrails always point to contrails being different in appearance or lasting longer than they used to. It seems to me debunkers are really dropping the ball when it comes to the science. I have seen no one touch the fact of how ever increasing bypass ratios in airline engines are the real reason behind the perceived changes in contrails and how they tend to last longer or provide the nucleus of new clouds more often.

Contrails really have changed since most of us old timers were kids; why don't we hear more about the real reason why?

Possibly because the chemtrails conspiracy theory is so daft it's not even worthy of a proper rebuttal. It makes 9/11 conspiracies seem quite rational in contrast...

The "chemtrail" believers don't understand the simple concept of water vapor condensation at the cold air temperatures at high altitudes, how do you think they will ever understand high bypass ratios?  The chemtrail-ers seem to be something of a cult, along with the flat earth-ers and those who still believe the sun, other planets, and entire universe revolves around the earth.  Changing their core belief system is a monumental task.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Yup thats one for the hardcore tinfoil-hats, and therefore impossible to debunk as they wouldnt understand nor believe it anyways. Same category as "flat earth", "no human was ever in space" and "elvis was abducted by aliens" (which would clash with the "no human ever in space theory")

I'll just leave this here to let the chemtrail supporters have a blue fit...

b17-contrails.jpg

Not a jet engine in sight...just big radial, piston engines...

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Something to consider with people who believe in 'chemtrails', and you should note this if you are ever going to try and convince them otherwise...

Simpy don't waste your time. There is no way that any evidence or explanation you present to anyone who believes in conspiracy theories will be good enough, because those who believe in conspiracy theories are of a mindset where they do not want to be convinced otherwise. This is because believing in a conspiracy theory flatters the ego of the person who believes it. The people who espouse such nonsense 'theories' know this, and know they can make money out of those gullible people.

The 'big names' in the world of conspiracy theories know exactly what buttons to press to fool such gullible people, making the easily hoodwinked flatter themselves into believing notions which make them feel special : 'they have not been fooled' as we have, they are a 'fierce warrior who seeks the truth', we are either foolish, or gullible, or even worse, we are 'in on the conspiracy', and so on. That's why you'll be wasting your breath in trying to convince a tin foil hatter; if you try and convince them, you will knock down their cosy house of cards which allows them to believe they are smarter than you, and of course they don't want that.

You can point out any amount of intelligent, sensible facts which highlight how ridiculously implausible a conspiracy theory is, but it won't make any difference. And don't even consider wasting your time trying to convince one of the semi-pro web presence 'champions' of a conspiracy theory (worthless pieces of c*** such as Bart Sibrel, Alex Jones etc), you never will, because despite their protestations about seeking 'da truth', that isn't what they seek at all; they are intellectually dishonest in that regard, they don't want the truth, what they want is to make money out of their nonsensical websites, conspiracy theory books and videos, preying on gullible people who think just because something is on youtube, it must be true. Such people are carpet baggers of the worst kind.

It doesn't matter that contrails have been around since WW1, you can point out the fact there is a reference to Allied pilots watching a German reconnaisance two seater up over the lines in 1917 leaving a 'myterious trail' in Canadian WW1 SE5a pilot Bill Lambert's autobiography, Combat Report (which is a good book, worth reading incidentally), it'll make no difference to a dedicated chemtrail believer. So it's certainly nothing new. What is new however, is the fact that there are a lot more commercial flights these days, and they have engines (high bypass turbofans) more inclined to leave a long contrail; which is where all those 'there never used to be contrails like that when I was a kid' claims stem from. It's true, there did never used to be that amount of contrails when we were kids, for an easily explainable reason which would be good enough for any reasonably intelligent person (i.e not a believer in any old rubbish they see on youtube) willing to accept a knowledgeable explanation from you. But like all conspiracy theories, the chemtrail 'theory' uses that grain of truth, then twists it to make it fit and seem convincing to people who are receptive to the idea that we are being controlled by 'da man'.

Of course anyone who has ever worked for any Government organisation knows that most of them can't even agree on where to order their paperclips from, let alone agree with all the other departments which would be involved in order to to pull off some massive cover up: Particularly one which would involve a preposterously implausible amount of logistics: Secret airports, secret road tanker fleets, secret factories to make the chemicals, complicit aircraft manufacturers (and all their designers, workers etc), complicit pilots, ground personnel, air traffic controlers etc, not to mention weight issues for the aircraft and the fact that you never see any politicians outside wearing masks to prevent their own exposure to the chemtrail contents (and presumably they'd be in the know about it if anyone was). We, as pilots all know it's the most laughable claptrap ever, but don't imagine for a second that any amount of facts from you will convince a gullible person otherwise. They'd rather believe that you have either 'been fooled' or that you are 'in on it', because as noted, it makes them feel special.

Anyway, I'm off to cash my monthly cheque that I get from NASA so that I don't reveal 'da troof' about the Moon landings... :Tounge:

• Upvote 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

For individuals that instantly deny different viewpoints or theories, you study psychology, history, and physics in that order.  

Psychology

We all form perceptions based on information we see, read or hear.  As we mature, our perceptions form our core belief system. Core beliefs are those things you just know and trust to be true.  When someone offers a different viewpoint that contradicts your core belief system, most individuals will immediately dismiss the new information as not true, and refuse to listen or research the topic with an open mind.   Individuals that suffer from cognitive dissonance often feel displeasure and use words such as conspiracy theorists, tin foil hats to protect their core beliefs.  This is a normal reaction, but your feelings are not the truth.

Galileo proposed that the earth circled the sun.  The church, the people, believed everything circled the earth.  Galileo attacked the core belief’s (perceptions) of the people and was sent to jail. Galileo was a conspiracy theorist.

The mind is like a computer.  If all computers get corrupted with malware, all computers will act and behave in the same fashion.
If peoples minds are filled with the same perceptions (from main stream media, school books etc), then all people will behave in the same fashion.  Conformity.

Is that perception that you believe true,,,, the truth?  How can the truth ever be proven?

We live in a world of lies and the truth will not come to you, you must search for it, but you may never find it.
Think for yourself; don't let others think for you, and don’t let your core belief system fool you.

Your feelings are not the truth.

Chemtrails.... Who the heck really knows...
Moon Landings... Who the heck really knows....
911.... Conspiracy proven fact.  Study physics for the truth on that one.

RJ

OMG, you mean...that stuff is...OMG...why didn't we know about this sooner...

Here they are...going about their dastardly activities...

We've got to get underground. NOW!

and finally, OMG

contrailscience.com_skitch_DSC01774_2012

Yup, even PMDG are in on it, look at that switch on the overhead of their 747!

CHEM_zpsogebjnbj.png

• Upvote 8

Alan Bradbury

OMG - again...

I have NEVER known what Pump 2 (circled in red) does in this aircraft - and I've flown it around the world.

Have I been an unwitting accessory to this despicable activity???

(OMG!)

2016_11_13_15_39_59_445.jpg

OMG - again...

I have NEVER known what Pump 2 (circled in red) does in this aircraft - and I've flown it around the world.

Have I been an unwitting accessory to this despicable activity???

(OMG!)

Well that can't be right, how can you have flown it around the world, if the world is flat? And we know it's flat because people say so on youtube.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Well that can't be right, how can you have flown it around the world, if the world is flat? And we know it's flat because people say so on youtube.

Hey, wait a minute; I DID do a lot of it on Autopilot.

I did think a few times - if the world is flat, like, how come my altitude isn't increasing, you know, like, FL200, FL 500

about half way round - should have been like, FL 190000.

Maybe Autopliots are made by THEM to stop us realising that the world is flat...

Maybe the whole Chemtrails thing is tied in somehow.

Maybe the whole Chemtrail/ Flat Earth/ Autopilot things is...

No answers, just more questions. What have I stumbled upon. I was having a perfectly ordinary Saturday...

OMG! x 2

LOL!  :lol:

ganter I fear you are mistaken. That photo of the plane's interior merely shows the installation of Theakston's Old Peculier, Guinness, Tetleys & other assorted beers & lagers for the upcoming airborne kegger celebrating PMDGs latest release ;) Note the yellow and black hazard ramp over the cabling for the pumps so that the strippers don't trip over them ;)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Chock! HE'S ONE OF THEM.... ^

I'm getting out of here.