Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

issue entering v speeds

Using  polar 747-400f    polar air cargo   n452pa  

when  selecting the flaps  in  the fmc   the  v  speeds  should  appear  automatically as  per  the  other  747vs  i have  been using  this  is  the only  livery thats not  doing  it?    Yes  i have  checked  the  cdu  and  got  yes  to  v  speeds   to auto and iam doing the  same  thing  as per  the other  liveries  so   dont  know  what iam missing  with this  livery?

Installed  another  livery  from  747-400f    section  same  issue?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Have you accepted the gross weight input? if you see a '>' next to gross weight then you need to accept it by clicking the relevant LSK.

Have you accepted the gross weight input? if you see a '>' next to gross weight then you need to accept it by clicking the relevant LSK.

Thx  for  that  first time  i had  to do it  this  way,  in the fcom on v  speeds  it  comes  down  to  irs  not  aligned, required information not  entered, and performance calculations inhibited   

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks. I have had the same issue with V speeds in planes equipped with General Electric and P& W engines. Those with Rolls Royce power plant work perfect.

Maybe is something related to the EPR?

Regards 

Oscar Ayala

Hi,

For the takeoff speeds to be calculated by the FMC, you need the following:

_ ZFW entered or GW confirmed (">" next to the GW entry on the init perf page) depending on whether the aircraft is equipped with weight sensors.

_ Departure runway entered

_ Option "FMC calculated V speeds" set to ON in the options of the CDU.

Depending on the model and livery you load, the aircraft the configurations may differ.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

This is usually caused by not paying enough attention to the PERF INIT page. Weights need to be confirmed. It doesn't have anything to do with engine type. Different liveries have different engine types, but more importantly, different company options. Those company options can occasionally include the weight sensor option, where you simply need to confirm the weight (though if you're not paying attention and glance across the page for open boxes, you'll assume it's filled out).

Coincidence on the engine type.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I also saw that the alignment process of the IRS system must be completely finished ( in Cold and dark state, for example) in order to appear visible the V speeds in the CDU.

Regards

This is the beauty of the forum and has just saved me a ticket. In all my time flying the old Queen, and recently the new Queen, I'd never come across the need to confirm GW at PERF INIT.

I was in the KLM Combi at EHAM programming a flight to KORD and was scratching my head at not being able to obtain the V speeds. The first thing I noticed was that the ZFW box was already completed and didn't need the short cut click to fill in. When the V speeds didn't load on entering take off flaps I knew there was something wrong. I even changed planes as an earlier correspondent thinking it was the machine.

Anyway, thanks, back to pushback and engine start!

Bernard Walford