Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Reactivation of license keys.

This note is to inform you all, all of you that need re-activation of your license key, about the non-support that the developers of Radar Contact provide some of us with.

More than a week ago I applied for a new key, as my old original key got lost due to a system crash. As I didn't have all necessary information anymore as required per one of the forum's notes. I dropped a few lines to Dough Thompson who forwarded my email to John Dekker. Upon his request I supplied him with as much information as I could, but yet I didn't hear back from him. Ray Proudfoot was kind enough to assure him that I was a legitimate user of Radar Contact and that it would be nice if JD could supply me with a key. There upon JD contacted me asking me about necessary information to generate a key. I, of course, sent him that information. Alas I never heard back from JD again, despite another request that I sent yesterday. (Feb 10, 2017).

This kind of non-support I never have experienced during the over 30 years of my flight simulation "life". Utterly rude not to even reply to my notes and very unprofessional of the developers never showing their faces in this forum.

It is thanks to Ray and Ron that we get a lot of support. I have got the feeling that the two developers only want the (financial) benefits of their work but are not wanting to fulfill, what I see as, their duty to provide users with support. Again, thanks to Ron and Ray people are not left out in the dark. Where would we be without these two? Where would JD and Doug Thompson be without their support? Making less money, that is for sure.

Just my $0.02 on the non-support of the developers.

Hans van Wijhe

• Upvote 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Today I had word back from JD, informing me that he was out of office due to a personal medical condition and was not available to handle matters for last week. He today also provided me with the requested key.

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I hear ya. I am fighting to get my money back. This forum is filled with license key issues. Just wrong.

I hear ya. I am fighting to get my money back. This forum is filled with license key issues. Just wrong.

No legitimate owner has been denied a key. What steps have you taken to request a new key?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather