Sign in to follow this  
jimstiles

New to PMDG: looking for camera recommendation

Hello,

I'm new to the PMDG family of users just learning the 737NGX. I have been reading the manuals and tutorials and watching a lot of you tube videos. I noticed that several of the videos, especially of the cockpit view are very fluid in movement, moving and zooming in and out on the various guages and instruments. Mine doesn't look very realistic using the normal keyboard keys or the hat switch.

Is there camera view software available that can do this without impacting my fps?

Thanks,

Jim

Your two options are FSFX Chase Plane or EZDOK v2. Both are payware, and everybody has their own opinions of them. Personally, I'd never buy EZDOK out of principle, but both have pros and cons and essentially do the same thing without impacting FPS. There's quite a few youtube video reviews out there for each product, so I'd recommend going through them to decide which one is right for you. Unfortunately, there aren't any free options available. 

FWIW I have used EZDOCK since the MD-11.  I have NOT updated to V2.0, still using v1.8 with 0 issues.  It happily coexists with all of the PMDG aircraft (and everything I fly).  The KEY is to learn to tailor the camera effects to your liking.  This is an OPINION, and you know what they say about opinions....

HTH

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Thanks, I'll check into both and see which one looks the best for me. I don't mind payware as long as I get what I'm wanting with it.

Thanks again,

Jim

Your two options are FSFX Chase Plane or EZDOK v2. 

Not a user, but doesn't OpusFSI also include a Live Camera option?

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks, I'll check into both and see which one looks the best for me. I don't mind payware as long as I get what I'm wanting with it.

Thanks again,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I do not have EZDOK, but I have chaseplane, and have consider both of them months earlier.

EZDOK so far many people complain the customer support(probably from the past), and the developers does not speak English which mean most the supports are from others. Their old version only have few updates over the years, I read many complaints about they not updating their product for a long time. I did not dig deeper into that, but that almost a no go for me. What I really need is a direct contact with developer when things go wrong and out of forum mod/users hand.

Things might change, they might not like that anymore. So you should check to verify

Chaseplane product is being continuously updated, daily and/or weekly with its automatic update. Developer is very active in their forum, and listen to customer to make changes. I just bought it about 1-2 months ago and there has been lots of improvement since. The down side is it needs Internet to work when you launch it, they said they going to change that but I am not sure if they has changed or not. I just power up and fly. The product still in Alpha phase so there are bugs here and there, but for normal users like me I am a happy customer so far.

Both have downside which is FSX bug, your views going to shift if you fly long airplanes such as T7 or 747 as you fly.

Cheers

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

I myself have EZdok v1.18.7. However, if I need new viewing software I will definitely switch to ChasePlane. Right now, the ONLY reason for that, is that I made some very elaborate profiles for all PMDG Boeings and from what I hear the EZdok v2 doesn't support the EZdok v1 profile file extension where - funny world - ChasePlane does.  :blink:

For my profiles: http://www.avsim.com/topic/497544-pmdg-made-ez/

EDIT: by the way, the profiles already include the 747 v3, see this update post: http://www.avsim.com/topic/497544-pmdg-made-ez/?p=3567349

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I have all 3 of them - Opus, EZDOK and ChasePlane. CP is the way to go, it's a nobrainer. ;)

having used ezdok and now switched to chaseplane I wouldnt go back to ezdok. Chaseplane is very easy to set up cameras/ effects and froogle has a great video in it. Its being continually updated for free too as already mentioned in an earlier post.

Its being continually updated for free too as already mentioned in an earlier post.

Please mind that it is in a pre-alpha state so you are not buying an finished product as of yet. So i would not qualify the free updates as a feature :)

Christian Vodak

• Upvote 1