Sign in to follow this  
airernie

POV Switch

I just installed ChasePlane and rith away noticed two things; 1) default zoom changed from 0.60 to 1.00 and the scanning with the hat switch is slower.

I will eventually figure out how to get back to my prefered 0.60 zoom, but in the immediate  I would like to return control of the hat switch back to FSX.  I find it is faster with FSX versus FSUIPIC and now ChasePlane.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hi Ernie,

You can change the pan speed in native ChasePlane views in the Camera > Advanced panel;

You cannot change the pan speed of non-native views at this time. If you want to control the simulator with your HAT switch, you have to disable ChasePlane first.

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Keven,

Unassigning POV from FSX Controls helped the smoothness issue.  So, lesson one; don't duplicate assignments. :-)

Also figured out zoom and once I assigned a few keys I was able to create some views.. Very nice.

I do miss tool tips at this time, but that should be resolved once a manual exists.  I have zero idea what some of the controller icons and sliders mean in Camera -> Advanced..

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I just bought this today as well...Just so I'm understanding correctly, there is NO WAY to pan with the hat switch in the cockpit view? I noticed that as well and that is a huge issue...How are you supposed to scan the instrument panel without TrackIR- do you have to change views to see everything? I can only seem to pan from all the other interir views besides the Pilot view...

oh! just discovered the controls! ha! and disabled the previous assigned axis in FSX...

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

Thanks Keven,

Unassigning POV from FSX Controls helped the smoothness issue.  So, lesson one; don't duplicate assignments. :-)

Also figured out zoom and once I assigned a few keys I was able to create some views.. Very nice.

I do miss tool tips at this time, but that should be resolved once a manual exists.  I have zero idea what some of the controller icons and sliders mean in Camera -> Advanced..

Ernie

Is that true about tool tips? I wouldn't know how else to read the stab trim precisely in the ngx......  on the fence here

Hi both, I will be adding tooltips in the coming updates

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Is that true about tool tips? I wouldn't know how else to read the stab trim precisely in the ngx.

Breene,

The tool tips I mentioned are for ChasePlane.  Their absence in ChasePlane shouldn't affect the tool tips in any aircraft, so shouldn't affect the stab trim.

As for ChasePlane, I've been using it less than 12 hours and very happy with my purchase.   

Ernest Pergrem

As for ChasePlane, I've been using it less than 12 hours and very happy with my purchase.   

0.1.622 has the new tooltips. Not everything has them but the most important ones.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42