Sign in to follow this  
whoispankaj

XP b11 is out

http://developer.x-plane.com/2017/02/public-beta-10-metal-scenery-and-painted-cdus/

Update: Beta 11 is out and fixes the bad Linux version of X-Plane. If you hand-installed the fixed version, you’ll need to tell the installer to replace the previous version you downloaded.

i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB (X-Plane 11, X-Plane 10)

i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX560M 3GB (X-Plane 9, FSX, FS2004)

Personally, I think Ben got the hint to symbolically release Beta11, so we all have XP11B11.  :P

I sure do hope the default weather rendering gets fixed.  I finally figured out part of the "whiteout" I've been getting since B9.  It has something to do with a low-level fog layer not maintaining transparency.  Last night, while flying short test flight from KPVD to KBOS, I has some low level weather, with broken clouds (XP real world weather) and while in flight, I could fly through this layer without issue, until I was about a couple of miles from approach to KBOS and I was hit with massive bright flashes.  I realized the flashes were my strobes reflecting off of the solid fog layer and they didn't cease until about 1000 feet altitude.  This issue was the same as during a daytime flight with that layer being all white.

The good thing is that it isn't my rig or settings (at least I think it isn't my settings).  This also explains why I didn't see any errors or issues in the log.txt.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Since these updates I've had terrible frame rates. pb3 was the most stable version. No stutters or anything.

Since these updates I've had terrible frame rates. pb3 was the most stable version. No stutters or anything.

Have you tried deleting your preferences and starting fresh?

Poor little Phantom seems to be broken. I did report it.

Edit: Ops, i think that was in beta 10. Now it looks OK.

32747634361_44b5358c02_h.jpg

Does anyone have a GNS in the default Cessna which is stuck on VLOC? Doesn't change to GPS if clicked?

Hans

PB10 worked fine. Having trouble staying on the runway with PB11. Bug filed.

John

John Wingold

Does anyone have a GNS in the default Cessna which is stuck on VLOC? Doesn't change to GPS if clicked?

Works ok here !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Found the reason, I had set my RXP GTN to command the CDI.  :nea:

Hans

PB10 worked fine. Having trouble staying on the runway with PB11. Bug filed.

John

I doubt it has to do with the difference between PB10 and PB11, as far as we know, it only fixed the broken linux executable. Maybe you mean PB9 ?

There appears to be a back and forth trend happening when it comes to aircraft control.  One version has the aircraft all over the place and the next it's fine....back and forth.  I wish LR would dial in the right configs and settings and leave it alone.  After installing B10, the Cessna gets a little squirrely on the runway during takeoff, a little more than in beta 9.  I can confirm that all the switches work now, so that's out of the way, smoke is at a minimum, though the ground shaking still exists (I don't have high hopes that will ever get fixed).  Once I'm in the air, everything is fine and frame rate appear to maintain themselves well.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Guest Mik75

XP 10.51 is still my main sim, and I know that fps and performance generally are the things that get worked on at the very end of the beta phase, but just out of curiosity: Which kind of fps are you guys seeing in pb11?

In the default Cessna, I get around 28-40 fps (texture res high, world detail high, reflections min and AA at 4x without FXAA, ground shadows on, SMPv4 installed), and 22-28 fps in the Aerobask Epic. I use HD mesh v3 and default airports.

I have an i5 3570 @ 4,3 GHz

16 GB CL9 RAM

GTX 1070 8GB