Sign in to follow this  
whoispankaj

XP b11 is out

XP 10.51 is still my main sim, and I know that fps and performance generally are the things that get worked on at the very end of the beta phase, but just out of curiosity: Which kind of fps are you guys seeing in pb11?

In the default Cessna, I get around 28-40 fps (texture res high, world detail high, reflections min and AA at 4x without FXAA, ground shadows on, SMPv4 installed), and 22-28 fps in the Aerobask Epic. I use HD mesh v3 and default airports.

I have an i5 3570 @ 4,3 GHz

16 GB CL9 RAM

GTX 1070 8GB

Personally, I don't feel a fair assessment can be had, when you start adding add-ons to the sim.  Since this is Beta, it is only fair to use what is out of the box, to measure fps and other performance.  Even though you have an add-on that is supposedly made for XP11, it is still too early to pass judgement on whether SMP or XEnviro will cut the muster, once XP11 hits RTM.

My own personal assessments use default, and I'm getting 50-60s for fps with settings comparable to yours, with no add-on weather.  I'm holding out for LR to get the weather working better or at least to a point they are satisfied with before I go shopping for a 3rd party product.  Case in point, when I ran 10.5, I ran SMP v3, because LR never did anything further with the default weather, and SMP did make a difference and it ran pretty well in my config.  With the beta though, everything is still experimental and nothing is final until LR says so.

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Guest Mik75

Personally, I don't feel a fair assessment can be had, when you start adding add-ons to the sim. Since this is Beta, it is only fair to use what is out of the box, to measure fps and other performance. Even though you have an add-on that is supposedly made for XP11, it is still too early to pass judgement on whether SMP or XEnviro will cut the muster, once XP11 hits RTM.

My own personal assessments use default, and I'm getting 50-60s for fps with settings comparable to yours, with no add-on weather. I'm holding out for LR to get the weather working better or at least to a point they are satisfied with before I go shopping for a 3rd party product. Case in point, when I ran 10.5, I ran SMP v3, because LR never did anything further with the default weather, and SMP did make a difference and it ran pretty well in my config. With the beta though, everything is still experimental and nothing is final until LR says so.

Thanks for commenting!

You're right with everything you've said.

But even with clear skies and without HD Mesh, i don't get more FPS in the default Cessna, maybe 2-3. It is pretty obvious that XP11 is still far off from being optimised, and I am really looking forward to testing the first RC.

So, obviously, the CPU makes the huge difference for the guys who see 50-60 fps.

So, obviously, the CPU makes the huge difference for the guys who see 50-60 fps.

Actually, in my rig, the gpu makes the difference.  I thought I was seeing things when I checked the fps counter on my last flight and it said 60fps, and the gpu timing was at .007, so my cpu was trying to catch up, running at .012.  Of course, that all changed while on approach to the airport and I was getting steady 40s for fps and timings at .019 and .020, cpu and gpu respectively.  I've learned recently that the timings matter a bit more because those numbers tell you which one needs a boost, which equates to how the settings are set.  The fps counts are the end result of what the gpu and cpu are doing (or not doing).  :smile:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Guest Mik75

Actually, in my rig, the gpu makes the difference.  I thought I was seeing things when I checked the fps counter on my last flight and it said 60fps, and the gpu timing was at .007, so my cpu was trying to catch up, running at .012.  Of course, that all changed while on approach to the airport and I was getting steady 40s for fps and timings at .019 and .020, cpu and gpu respectively.  I've learned recently that the timings matter a bit more because those numbers tell you which one needs a boost, which equates to how the settings are set.  The fps counts are the end result of what the gpu and cpu are doing (or not doing).  :smile:

Interesting!

I upgraded from a 670 to a 1070 recently. And while XPX is on steroids with the new card (fps got doubled in many situations, and quite often, I see fps at 90+, especially at crz FLs), the performance didn't change too dramatically in XP11

Have you tried deleting your preferences and starting fresh?

Hmmm... I didn't even think to do that. Thanks for the tip. Will report back :)

I doubt it has to do with the difference between PB10 and PB11

You are exactly right..  Up do now I had no problem with the preferences folder.  Copied my preferences from my backup copy and replaced the PB11 one and all is well.

John

John Wingold

Have you tried deleting your preferences and starting fresh?

Deleted the preferences folder but nothing changed. This is what I'm dealing with since I upgraded past pb3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxSY8_GqeXs&feature=youtu.be

You can see my frame rates just fluctuating almost like a stop watch. At the time of this video recording, I turned all my graphic settings to low. Here are my PC specs:

i7 4790k 4.0 GHz processor

16 gb of Ram

GTX 650 ti

Now I know my graphics card needs replacing but it was fine running pb3 with medium to high settings with Real Weather Connector and Skymaxx Pro. Now my frame rates are all messed up :/

Interesting!

I upgraded from a 670 to a 1070 recently. And while XPX is on steroids with the new card (fps got doubled in many situations, and quite often, I see fps at 90+, especially at crz FLs), the performance didn't change too dramatically in XP11

Noticed that as well, is like some sort of autolod (not only for objects but for other stuff too) is in action in XP11 preventing FPS to go 50+

In medium scenery (for example islands) I can get easily 100+ FPS in Xp10 but cannot get the same performance in XP10 with sam settings. Could be that Extended scenery by default is a huge frame limter since I rarely use it in XP10.

I'll test it again to be sure, but I'm still having issues with the 172 having way to high RPM at idle in a descent. Idle on the ground appears to be fixed though. 

It becomes exceptionally difficult to slow down in an approach because idle RPM is 1800+ when it should be below 1500. 

Deleted the preferences folder but nothing changed. This is what I'm dealing with since I upgraded past pb3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxSY8_GqeXs&feature=youtu.be

You can see my frame rates just fluctuating almost like a stop watch. At the time of this video recording, I turned all my graphic settings to low. Here are my PC specs:

i7 4790k 4.0 GHz processor

16 gb of Ram

GTX 650 ti

Now I know my graphics card needs replacing but it was fine running pb3 with medium to high settings with Real Weather Connector and Skymaxx Pro. Now my frame rates are all messed up :/

Strange, threaded optimization off?

I'll test it again to be sure, but I'm still having issues with the 172 having way to high RPM at idle in a descent. Idle on the ground appears to be fixed though. 

It becomes exceptionally difficult to slow down in an approach because idle RPM is 1800+ when it should be below 1500.

Try leveling off for a bit.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Try leveling off for a bit.

It's a 172, not a Mooney.

I'd rather they just fix the power settings. Forward momentum doesn't cause a 172 to idle at 1800 RPM in a decent.

I'd rather they just fix the power settings. Forward momentum doesn't cause a 172 to idle at 1800 RPM in a decent.

While never having flown a C-172 (only fixed pitch props where the 152 and Archers) I think it really depends on the airspeed! The faster you are, the higher it will idle.

Jan

It's going to windmill a bit. How much I don't know. How many knots at 1800?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

It's going to windmill a bit. How much I don't know. How many knots at 1800?

5 degree descent at 100 knots.

172s are dogs. You cut the power and you are slowing down unless you are diving like a fighter jet.

All these power issues started with pb4. Before that it was all perfect. They must be tinkering with the overall flight mode or engine modeling.