Sign in to follow this  
stevefocus

Left CDU light failure? (probably me doing something wrong)

Jeff are you sure it was the exact same problem?

On 2/12/2017 at 5:45 AM, Jd_jay said:

This is what mine was like, pop up appeared normal and lit correctly

This is an interesting screen shot.  Notice the left CDU is indeed backlit but it is in a pale blue tint rather than the brighter off white of the other.  This makes something about the livery suspect since it looks like a texture issue. I can corrupt an entire aircraft by mislabeling one global texture sheet.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you Dan,

I am experiencing what the first post shows, not the subsequent image.  I have no backlighting, not the blue hue.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

2 hours ago, ahuimanu said:

Thank you Dan,

I am experiencing what the first post shows, not the subsequent image.  I have no backlighting, not the blue hue.

Regardless, sounds like a texture issue.  See if the QOTSII installer you used to install will provide you a REPAIR option, if so try it.  It will restore files without changing your user defined stuff.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have had this on some of my longer flights in the QOTSII as well. It starts out completely normal, then at some point I'll look down and notice that FMC1 has a completely different backlight color. I was using PMDG issued liveries the times it happened, and since it starts out normally and changes color later I would put forth that it is not a livery related issue. I also checked on the COLOR page, the backlight color was still the color it should have been in the first place, so very quirky. 

I posted about this before and wanted to submit a ticket, but couldn't get into the ticketing system (I probably gave up a bit too quickly on that one).

Yes I have had this too - didn't know about this thread or I would have put my post I made in here.  Seems to happen randomly in any livery after a while for me.

Cheers,

This problem persists, many months later.  I am using the default Polar Air (2011) livery.  Ideas?

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.