Sign in to follow this  
nisseFlying

À good two propeller engine airplane

Hi,

Y wondering What plane à shoud buy ?

Y am looking at Easy plane to fly?

Y have found realy nice freeware plane , at Flight Comabat Center,

What are the difference fr.o.m. À good freeware plane to à good payware?

Thx Nils

Payware aircraft generally have:-

- better modelling

- better texturing

- better sounds

- better systems and engine simulation

if you want a simple to fly twin-engined aircraft, take a look at the range from Alabeo and Carenado.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Take a look also at the Milviz C310 and B55.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Take a look also at the Milviz C310 and B55.

Spot on. Realair turbine duke is also nice. Realair is out of business, but you can probably find it somewhere.

Bill W

Depends how will you be using it.

If you're like if you love to get down and dirty sometimes then I see no reason why not getting AEROSOFT - DHC-6 TWIN OTTER EXTENDED.

http://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-dhc-6-twin-otter-extended-(download)-p3dv2.phtml

It's not the newest plane for FSX/P3D but it's worth every dime. And for sure if beautiful and easy to fly bird.

AO_twin-otter-extended-final.jpg

And it goes perfectly with Lukla, by the same developer. :wink:

123275_0.jpg

Depends on what you want to spend. If you want a really inexpensive decent (ish) payware twin, then this is probably the cheapest one you'll find, it costing only six quid. The Cessna T303 Crusader, by Virtualcol:

https://www.simshack.net/products/cessna-t303-crusader-fsx-p3d-1247

It's not gonna blow your socks off visually, or in terms of wow features (it's about on par with the default aeroplanes in these respects), but it flies well and runs at a very high frame rate owing to it being fairly simple visually, and you certainly cannot argue with the price (can't even get a beer in a pub in London for that money lol). You should note that Virtualcol have never pretended that their FS add-ons are the best visually or in terms of systems simulation, they instead offer reasonably decent add-on aeroplanes for not much money. So the plus points are that they are cheap, they work well, they have excellent frame rates (good for less capable computers), and offer a lot of fun. All of Virtualcol's aeroplanes are like that - cheap and cheerful, but one really important thing they do offer, is excellent support if you have any problems.

On the other hand, if you want to pay a bit more for something which of a similar kind of size to the T303 Crusader, but which is stunningly realistic in terms of systems and can fly up high, and very fast too, owing to it having Turboprop engines, then you could do a lot worse than this one. The Cessna C441 Conquest II:

https://www.justflight.com/product/flysimware-cessna-441-conquest-ii

There are three different payware Cessna C441s you can get for FS, but that one is unquestionably the most realistic of the three. FlySimWare too offer great support for their products if you have any problems, which is another plus point.

Both of the above are very easy to fly, although the C441 will require you to learn how to operate the engines properly, otherwise you'll have difficulty starting them (not rocket science to be fair, you just have to make sure the prop blades are flat in pitch so the engines will crank up, and then put them into flight pitch once the engines are running), whereas you can start the engines on the T303 by simply pressing Control+E, which you might prefer if you just want to 'jump in and go'.

You can spend a lot more on FS twins if you want, and most of the time you will find that you get what you pay for. But as you've already discovered, don't dismiss the many excellent freeware offerings there are out there, because some of them are really good. Have a look in the Avsim library, there is plenty to go at for free.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Majestic Dash 8 yet. Really good addon. Very realistic. A lot to learn on it. And worth every penny.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Well I'm not as he asked for an "easy" plane to fly.

Haha, fair point. I missed that part.

Yeah the Dash 8 does have a steeper learning curve to be fair.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

If you like low and slow and classic, you can't beat Manfred Jahn's C-47v3, for FSX and P3D, with one of the best 3D cockpits by Jan Visser. It is by far the best freeware plane ever. You can find it at Sim Outhouse.

Howard

• Upvote 1

If you like low and slow and classic, you can't beat Manfred Jahn's C-47v3, for FSX and P3D, with one of the best 3D cockpits by Jan Visser. It is by far the best freeware plane ever. You can find it at Sim Outhouse.

Howard

+1

• Upvote 1

Howard

Regarding that I have vanilla FSX DC3, imported in P3D, is there a need to have this one too ?

Can you please tell me how much it's better that DC3 default ?

I won't have both for sure, I'm not that huge fan of slow turning planes. My favorites are ones like Twin Otter, DH Beaver, high wing Cessnas and... :Love: my love PC-6 by Tim Conrad, that one could really land on a dime.

No you can't...unless pirated. But you're surely not endorsing that.

But the Cessna 402C from Flysimware should fit the bill.(http://flysimware.com/website/Cessna402C.html)

Not in the least. I've been simulating since it first came out and never have pirated anything. There was some discussion about Realair products going to an independent store. I suppose that never came to fruition.

Bill W