Sign in to follow this  
nisseFlying

À good two propeller engine airplane

Box versions of RealAir planes are still legally available. But I believe that at least the Duke (Turbine?) and Legacy boxes contain outdated versions (v1) with no more chance to update. Also, some stores do box clearout sales, while other stores keep the RealAir box prices fairly high, so you could end up with a high price paid for an outdated version.

Get the Carenado Piper Navajo to start with then move on from there.

Or if you want to see out better get the older Flight 1 Islander, that flies slow and is very easy and very imersive.

Or the AC500S - 

Ciao!

Regarding that I have vanilla FSX DC3, imported in P3D, is there a need to have this one too ?

Can you please tell me how much it's better that it's parent plane ?

Jahn's latest version C47/DC3 is superb. It's graphics and textures and its systems functionality are better than most payware aircraft.  It's definitely worth the while to download it and try it.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Regarding that I have vanilla FSX DC3, imported in P3D, is there a need to have this one too ?

Can you please tell me how much it's better that DC3 default ?

Well, it is freeware. Why don´t you give it a try!

If you like old birds like DC3, it is a must. After that you will never fly with the default any more!

The Milviz 310 is pretty good plus you can integrate the GTN750 right in the panel easily.

The freeware DC3/C47 is great. Really worth checking out.

If you can find them any of the RealAir aircraft are superb.

Dave

Well, it is freeware. Why don´t you give it a try!

If you like old birds like DC3, it is a must. After that you will never fly with the default any more!

The freeware DC3/C47 is great. Really worth checking out.

If you can find them any of the RealAir aircraft are superb.

Dave

Thanks chaps! for your enthusiastic recommendation, what else can I do now but to take a spin with it. :smile:

Btw, for you two and anyone to whom it may concern... the version is just came to life !!! =@:dance::hi:

Search it under name Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta

Or the AC500S

The AC500S from Carenado is the aircraft you want. Easy to pilot, very well modeled, really really nice texturing and a good number of repaints available. It's my default aircraft in P3D.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

RealAir Simulations - they had some really great aircraft.  I hope they sell the code base to someone who will carry the torch forward (as in when Prepard3D ever goes 64 bit).   I love flying the Turbine Duke - one of the best GA simulations out there.

Mark