Sign in to follow this  
markjans

Rudder Ratio message

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get rid of a RUDDER RATIO issue on the STS display? The issue came up after the engines shut down inflight after grabbing my joystick. That happens on multiple PMDG aircraft by the way, when I grab my joystick the engines shut off and spool up again a few seconds later.

I've already tried to clear all emergencies but there are none active.

PMDG747.png

Thanks for any replies!

Best regards,

Mark Jansen

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get rid of a RUDDER RATIO issue on the STS display? The issue came up after the engines shut down inflight after grabbing my joystick. That happens on multiple PMDG aircraft by the way, when I grab my joystick the engines shut off and spool up again a few seconds later.

I've already tried to clear all emergencies but there are none active.

PMDG747.png

Thanks for any replies!

Best regards,

Mark Jansen

any chance of you elaborating on what you mean when you say "grabbing your joystick", also what stage of flight are you in as you also have the "no land 3" message, but from the little glimpse of other instruments and screens it looks like your not on final approach?

Jason Dilley

any chance of you elaborating on what you mean when you say "grabbing your joystick"

It happens during cruise.

During cruise I demount my CH yoke to make room for workspace on my desk. Upon reaching out to the yoke and touching it, the engines sometimes cut off.

On the 777 the engines and electrical system restart after a few seconds. On the 747 as well, but it leaves me with this RUDDER RATIO error message. I couldn't find any cure in the QRH, it lists some limitations but no real cure on how to get rid of it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Mark Jansen

Just a wild guess, could be a static discharge from you to the stick.  If you're moving around while doing other stuff you may be picking up charge from skooting on a rug or rolling on a plastic rug protector in an office chair.  You might be "zapping" your joystick.

Try touching something to discharge yourself before you touch the joystick next time. Could also be a flaky connection that acts up when you move the joystick. 

Seve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

My guess is that your dismounting your yoke results in some serious electrical disruption. It appears you are losing both #2 and #3 AC buses. WHat have you mapped on control levers and buttons ?

RUDDER RATIO is a latched status message. Will stay there until you de-power the airplane for the engineers to see on ground.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Get a USB extender cable so you can move the controller out of the way without unplugging.  Unplugging the controller can also have unintended consequences to the reassignment of controls especially in FSX.  I've got several extensions because my cases are a little further than is normal.  Cheap at Amazon.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm presuming that the OP means by dismounting his yoke he means that he is loosing the securing screws and moving the yoke to one side. He's not actually said he unplugs it from his PC as far as I'm aware. Unplugging it as you say could potentially cause all sorts Of issues as I've experienced.

Jason Dilley

Is it possible Windows is shutting down the USB port to "save power" and bumping the controls re-enables the port causing bad data to be sent to the sim? If you go into Control Panel then select System and then on the left side, Device Manager, find the "Human Interface Devices" and expand it. You should be able to right-click any of the "USB Input Devices" and select properties. On the "Power Management" tab, uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." 

Now a cautionary note...all of mine are checked but I never have problems like you describe. I might have another setting somewhere in Win10 that overrides the Device Manager. However, I do know that some folks have run into issues, especially in Windows 10, where their controller shuts down in mid flight making landing a bit, erm, tricky.

As for reconnecting controllers modifying settings in the sim, I set my "Standard.xml" to "Read Only." Navigate to C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\ and right-click the "Standard.XML" file and select properties. Check the "Read Only" box. I've not had issues with losing assignments, key commands, etc., since I did that. I recommend making a backup of the file first. That's a good thing to do anyway in case you ever have to rebuild your fsx.cfg file...when you allow FSX to rebuild the .cfg, it overwrites the Standard.XML file as well. 

On 12/02/2017 at 2:37 PM, markjans said:

It happens during cruise.

During cruise I demount my CH yoke to make room for workspace on my desk. Upon reaching out to the yoke and touching it, the engines sometimes cut off.

On the 777 the engines and electrical system restart after a few seconds. On the 747 as well, but it leaves me with this RUDDER RATIO error message. I couldn't find any cure in the QRH, it lists some limitations but no real cure on how to get rid of it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Mark Jansen

Hi guys,

I had the same problem, and I think there's something relative to the type of joystick. Do you use the Thrustmaster T.1600 M FCS Hotas ?

I have a strange behaviour as weel with the Aerosoft A320 when extending flap before taxi (during the pushback procedure of GSX).

Alf DAGNON - Flight enthusiast

VA France - AF024