Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Making up my own Ai traffic pack

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum here but will ask away and you can move the post if necessary.

I recently bought FSDT Memphis and thought it looked a bit odd with no Fed-Ex traffic, their major hub I think. I use World of AI packages, which I think are pretty realistic, and also has amazingly little performance loss, I thought I would try and find a Fed-Ex package, except there isn't one.

I did some research and learnt how to put together my own package for Fed-Ex using AI aircraft and paints available here and some Fed-Ex AI flight plans, also available here. Amazingly when I had finished, it all worked perfectly, I was almost in shock!

One thing I have been wondering about though. I have downloaded both Summer 15 and Winter 09 flight plans for my Fed-Ex package, thinking that summer flights will only show during summer months and the winter flights during the winter months, or do the months not really make any difference. If this was the case I would probably be seeing double the flights that I should be seeing in FSX. I know it is important to make sure the flight plans work on the right day of the week, but I don't know if the season is important.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi, Dave!

No, the season is not that important. For some airlines there may be are some differences in seasonal schedules, but the AI aircraft from your flightplan will operate all year round.

Summer 2015 means a much more recent flightplan (made for schedule being valid in summer 2015) than winter 2009 (valid eight years ago!). Do not mix those two.

Hi Rafal,

Wow that was a quick reply.

Thanks for your answer to my question. I thought there was alot of traffic at Memphis. I can safely remove the oldest timetable then and still enjoy year round traffic.

Thanks for your answer once more.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi Rafal my old friend!!! And to Dave, well done. It's a lot of fun when you learn to tweak something like adding AI and it works! But a word of warning --- it can be addicting! LOL Many of us are so addicted to tweaking that we hardly ever actually fly!   :wink:  If you do decide to continue creating your own AI, there is some nice freeware available that can help and some traps to avoid so if you need any help, there are lots of good folks on here who will be glad to help you. And if Rafal is one of them, I can guarantee you it's the best advice you can get!!!! :Party:

• Upvote 1

Hi, Ian!

It's really great to see you around.

Yes, AI is addictive. I had a short FS period with no AI traffic when I was looking for better performance options, but the sterile empty airports made me stop enjoying the experience. :wink:
Thanks to Air Traffic Manager or, recently, FSUIPC limiting the amount of AI traffic in the user's bubble is so simple now, so the performance burden is on a nicely acceptable level.

Enjoy the week, gentlemen!