Sign in to follow this  
Maverick3006

Captain Sim 777 baro issue

Hello. so i have this small issue with the T7. whatever i do i cant change the BARO setting in my plane. if i move the baro button it changes my stanby instrument baro but not my primary display baro. so whatever i do i will allways fly with local QNH. i have been told multiple times by ATC on vatsim about the fact that i am some feet above or below. the reason is that my plane is allways on local QNH. now as said, my stanby altimeter i can change. and it will show the correct QNH but whatever i do if i turn the baro knob in the cockpit on the FCU then nothing happens on my PDF. any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thank you very much.

Teodor 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

the this is NOTHING works. if i press B it will ONLY change the stanby instrument in CS777 while on the primary display it remains the local qnh 

I have the same issue.  The PFD tape displays the AGL altitude regardless of the pressure setting whereas the standby altimeter will work properly.  The a/p is tied to the PFD and not the standby, so when you enter an altitude into your MCP altitude window or VNAV pages, you're basically entering an AGL altitude.  Judging from YouTube videos I've seen, this was not always the case.  (For example, see proper operation in this video from 2013: 

)

I've commented on this issue on the CaptainSim forums (with acknowledgement from other posters) and also submitted a support ticket.  No word yet on the status of any fix.

In the meantime, the only workaround I can think of is to've come up with is to fudge my MCP altitude window a few hundred either way to "zero" the standby altimeter as closely as possible.  If you revise the window setting and push the button, it'll update the FMC VNAV cruise page as well.  You'll have to repeat this periodically as your atmospheric conditions change and the standby altimeter drifts.  So the bug isn't a deal breaker, per se, but being as basic an issue as it is it definitely hampers my enjoyment of what is otherwise a very solid package.

Just to follow up, I received a response to my ticket and evidently it's on the list of issues to be addressed in the next update.  Fingers crossed!

Sign in to follow this