Sign in to follow this  
dutto88

4K bad blurries

But wait - you'do realise that this is the P3D forum, right? Like many other P3D 4K 30hz users I do not need to use NVI, except for limiting the frames to 30.5.

FSX is a different ballgame, as far as I remember  :wink:

I am aware of that but NVI isnt just made for FSX, its a tweaker for your GPU. I never said it will definitely work, but i'm sure there's no harm in trying? It has been successful for some it may be successful for you or anybody else who gives it a shot. If doesn't work you wont be suprised;)

Cheers,

Will.

The best way to reduce blurries according to my experience is to use internal frame rate limiter at 30 FPS in mountain area and unlimited frames in urban/flat regions. This helps at least in my case. Seems that texture loading is faster when frames are limited, however in heavy urban regions it hits on performance, so I leave them unlimited there.

Thomas

I am aware of that but NVI isnt just made for FSX, its a tweaker for your GPU. I never said it will definitely work, but i'm sure there's no harm in trying? It has been successful for some it may be successful for you or anybody else who gives it a shot. If doesn't work you wont be suprised;)

Cheers,

Will.

I used NVI for 30.5 limited time until I discovered using the 30 refresh rate on the Dell ultra wide display I'm using.   There is not the slightest hint of a stutter, hesitation, etc since discovering this until...my 5y/o PC isn't up to the task when frames dip below 30, then I lose the smoothness factor which is truly perfect.  Sometimes is overburdening the GPU that does this so I have GPUz running so I can see the % utilization and as long as I keep it below 99% all's well in most situations.  I know my SB-E at 4.42Ghz is doing the best it can so in complex airports in PMDG 737/777 I have to keep sliders dialed back a littie until I'm out of the area.  I never experience blurries using frames UNLIMITED w/ or w/o triple buffering, and AM of 340 per SteveW and GSalden I thnk his name is.

Quite frankly I don't get why people are buying large 4K displays--just sit a little closer and offload all of that extra processing.   Now an OLED monitor might add something interesting for night flying in particular.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Quite frankly I don't get why people are buying large 4K displays--just sit a little closer and offload all of that extra processing. Now an OLED monitor might add something interesting for night flying in particular.

Because you have an almost 1:1 cockpit replica in terms of size...and it does not matter how big the screen is - the resolution counts.

Do you have FFTF=0.01 in your P3D. cfg?

That gave me stutter and blurry textures. Try remove it and maybe tripple buffering on as well. Not sure about the last on though but smooth as h...

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

another thing to think about is the 4k resolution itself and what uglier things it brings to the surface. here's an example...

I looked on three friends' PCs and they where all running 1080p setups. I noticed that the "blurries" or what I considered to be blurry was the normal texture loading progression. On their 1080p setups though, it wasnt as noticeable because it wasn't as clear as my 4k setup. 4k resolution will show more clarity but if the textures are lower resolution, you will notice the lower resolution textures more on 4k than you would 1080p.

It's just a thought.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Because you have an almost 1:1 cockpit replica in terms of size...and it does not matter how big the screen is - the resolution counts.

I guess, but to me the cost in processing overhead outweighs the benefit.  The OP's comment says it all, 'I've found the loss of FPS is big but what I've learnt it's to be expected with the more pixels etc!'

Plus, if you're bent on higher resolution you can always use DSR but then you lose a little crispness leaving native resolution.  What really needs to happen to make increasing resolution worth the processing hit is increasing the resolution of the native textures, for example having textures down to 1cm granularity.  I am supporting Matthew's comment above.  Until that happens it hardly seems worth the change to 4K, and especially if the screen is large.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I'm having a very good experience with 4k. I run three 4k monitors in Nvidia surround, but stretch the screen so it occupies 100% of the middle monitor and 50% on both the side monitors. The monitors are each 43" so the whole setup covers my peripheral vision. I've used Rob's intructions to the letter and have had no problems with stutters or blurries. I do lower my settings in urban areas, but the sim is still smooth. I think that my recently upgraded hardware is also a plus.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

but stretch the screen so it occupies 100% of the middle monitor and 50% on both the side monitors.

What exactly are you doing to 'stretch the screen'? I was using Eyefinity with my R9 390 but now I use a 1080 I will need to use Surround with 3x 43 like yourself. Currently use 1x 55 inch tv and its great (like being IN the cockpit) except having esperienced the fantastic 3 screen setup nothing else will ever seem more than fake from now on.

I did get some mild stretching but didnt mind too much with the ati card setup. Dont you mean 'compress' the side screens so the stretching appears normal again? Sorry using FSX but monitor setup should be he same?

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hello Russell--I have my screen and P3D set at the bezel corrected surround resolution. I put the sim in windowed mode, and drag the outer edges of the sim to half way across each of the side monitors. I then leave unchecked the "autofill main view" in the upper right hand of the first settings page but do check the "black out desktop" and then select select full screen view on the menu bar. What results is a full screen view going across the middle monitor and half of each side monitors. The parts of the side screen not used are blacked out, so no part of my desktop shows. I only did this one time, and P3D remembers the setup whenever I run P3D so I don't have to go through the process each time I fly. The side screens are streched somewhat but not as bad as that which reults from using all of the side screens. The side screens are offset so that they are on the outer edges of my peripheral vision. The whole deal works very well.

Oh I see VP.  So 'shrunk' might be more appropriate! Got it, I was confused by stretching an already stretched image. What I did was turned my side monitors away from me 'towards'

center monitor so that instead of being 90 degree to my vision they were more like 45 degrees, so the stretching appeared gone.

I think we both saw exactly the same image, yours on half monitor, mine on full. 

Except...you reduced the sides of the image? hmm is the stretching only apparent PAST half way of the center of side screen? Which would mean I saw part compressed and part normal in my askew monitors.

Well it looked great anyways I'm thinking too much as usual!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

The whole deal works very well.

I'd love to see a good photograph of your arrangement w/ P3D loaded.

Noel

Hi Noel--As soon as I figure out how to do that, I will.  Never posted a picture before.  Jay

The stretch is still apparent on the sides, but it's not as bad as when the full side screens are used.

Unfortunately for this forum you have to have either your own server to link to or use one of free photo storage options like photobucket and use the little green square icon to drop the server location pathway into.  Some forums host their own storage for photos which eliminates the need to use a 3rd party service.

Noel

I'm having a very good experience with 4k. I run three 4k monitors in Nvidia surround

Just curious about how much VRAM your triple 4K setup uses?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.