Sign in to follow this  
fsxmap

New interactive map of FSX airports & runways

Hi friends,

I created a page called FSXmap, which you can see here.  Its an interactive map with all 24000+ airports in FSX, with their runway data such as ILS, VASI and approach lights. Its plotted on top of Google maps.

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:

fsxmap.png

You can also find a tutorial video here:  

I use it to plan the flights, and hopefully you may find it useful too.

Edited by Jim Young
Embedded the video. Videos must be embedded.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Hi Shuknami, thanks a lot!

If anyone finds a bug in the system, or have an idea of some feature that you would like to see added, you can post here or email me at inf*@fsxmap.c*m  (stars should be replaced by o   :smile: )

That's very cool.

Thx for taking your time to do this!

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Very cool! You have a lot of good stuff already on this map.  This is great just the way it is, but this has a lot of possibilities too.

You could allow people to make accounts so, after logging in, they can customize the map to indicate the airports that they have upgraded to payware or freeware.  That will help people decide on where they want to fly. I know I don't like flying to default airports as much.

It would also be neat to show metars for the airports, or even active runways. That may be hard though.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Yes, these are the default airports in my FSX Steam edition. I basically took all the airport data from the binary BGL files in scenery folder, all airports with any active runway >= 1000 feet length.

Be able to make accounts would be a good future possibility, then it could be used for example for:

- Preferences such as homeposition, zoom and feet or meters

- Add your own airports

- Make comments to airports, like a log

Where can I download the map. I looked up FSXmap though could not find where to down load it.

Will it work with P3D, and if no, do you plan to make it for P3D as well?

Never mind :-) I figured out it was a webbased utility, so it doesn't matter much which sim we use.

Just took a quick look, and I know that it takes it's data from the FSX database, but I noticed that St.Maarten (TNCM) still shows rw 09/27 allthough it's 10/28 today.

And the ILS for Billund (EKCH) rw09 is 110.3, not 111.7

I don't know if it's possible to edit fsx's database somewhere, but it would be nice to be able to do it, if we find "mistakes".

But a very nice programme you have made.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi jlund,

Yes, the data is taken straight out of the FSX scenery data, I installed FSX Steam edition around Christmas-time in a "sudden renewed" interest for the fantastic Microsoft Flight Simulator which I first used in the 80's  :smile:

So that must mean that the data in my FSX is not up to date, or what do you mean by TNCM being 10/28 today ?   Is there anyway I can update my whole FSX to be accurate as it should be? If so, I could simply regenerate the data from that.

Another thing would be to allow people to make accounts so that you could add your own custom airports. But I want the default data to be as accurate and "new" as possible

If you go to STMaarten TNCM with your programme, it shows the runways as 09/27, but in reality and also painted on the actual runways, it's rw 10/28

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Cool, would be nice to add an option to modify airport datas or add new one (any addon airports) so people can add correct runways il's freq..etc and these datas could go to cloud or data base so others can access it.  I can imagine an option ( maybe a dropdwon) next to the airport name in the popup and within the dropdown user can select default or custom airport data....just a draft idea:) but thanks for the map

A great utility. Many thanks for your work.

All that I can suggest for further development would be including the airport elevation along with the other info if that is possible.