Sign in to follow this  
skyymann

Remove a View?

Hey folks,

I've been doing some research and can't seem to find an answer. I would like to remove a few views from the cockpit view cycle, such as the observers seats. Is there a way to do that?

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

I have done this manually in the past by editing the aircraft.cfg file. I know PMDG will not support modifying the aircraft.cfg. What you would do is remove "[CameraDefinition.xxx]" sections to remove the views. You have to remove the entire chunk under each "[CameraDefinition]" header.

Couple problems with this though. First, you have to make sure to resequence the numbers so they start at CameraDefinition.000 and are in order after that (.001, .002, etc.). Second, there are seven different variants of the 747, so you'd need to modify each file. Finally, whenever PMDG issues an update to the 747, you will likely lose those changes. 

So, if you do this, back up the files first and then proceed at your own risk.

EDIT: I just looked at the PMDG sequencing and it starts at .000 and goes through .013 then starts again with .1 and goes through .8. My best analysis is that the .000 through .013 are external views (Origin = Center) and the .1 through .8 are VC views (Origin = Virtual Cockpit). Best guess would be make sure the .XXX ones start with .000 and are in order, then make sure the .X ones start at .1 and go up from there. Make sense?

What Adam said.

I will caution the following, however:

• Back up your original file. If things get weird because extra data got deleted, the file got corrupted, and so on, we will ask you to restore the original file.
  • If you do modify your config's camera sections and a new update comes out, do not replace a new update with an old aircraft.cfg. Copy the camera section out of the old file into the new .cfg file, otherwise you may overwrite a new aircraft.cfg file with old aircraft.cfg data.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey folks,

I've been doing some research and can't seem to find an answer. I would like to remove a few views from the cockpit view cycle, such as the observers seats. Is there a way to do that?

Scott

Try this if you do not want to completely remove the view:

CycleHidden=Yes

Set it under the [camera]'s you do not want to be in the cycle sequence, S key.

I use it to stop getting the Tower view by accident.

Try and come back

Per W Sweden