Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

MilViz WX Radar panel configuration

The MilViz WX radar is on sale right now and I'm very interested in getting it. But the description is a bit vague about the panel configuration options. Can anyone tell me if the configurator allows you to place/size the radar into a particular panel (VC) or does it just place the gauge on the screen as a window? If it does place the display into the actual panel, is it a WYSIWYG interface or a bit more complex???

I would appeciate any advice from those who have purchased and use this product

Ian

Hello Ian,

I believe VC placement requires panel mods from the developer. Otherwise, the radar can be used as a 2D pop-up for any aircraft.

Milviz has done a good job of VC integration for their C310R and BE55 models. I think there are a few other developers that have made the mods available, but I am unable to identify them.

​I believe the product is a joint-venture between Milviz and REX. Colin from Milviz should be able to provide more info.

Les Parson

You can add the WX to any aircraft and put it in the VC BUT... it will be like other 3rd party units that are not fully integrated into the particular product... it will, however, be "2D" in that it's not "physically" part of the VC panels.

I cannot comment on which other devs either already or will support this product but in ours, it's the 737, C310R, B55, T-50 and shortly, the Beaver.  The Beaver will actually come with the WX built in (if you want it). Needless to say, the Beaver doesn't really have one of these as where the heck would you put the dish????  But, fortunately, we are in the sim world so anything is possible.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.