Sign in to follow this  
Adrian Black

Can't gain speed...

Hi there!

I have this problem where my PMDG 747 V3 won't gain speed and climb. I've got LNAV and VNAV, low fuel and low payload with no luck. When my autopilot puts me at level flight to try and gain speed my nose is pointing at 8 degrees down...

http://imgur.com/a/4NakR

Dumb question time..

Some aircraft adopt a nose down attitude when flaps are deployed, especially when near their limiting speed. Not saying this is the case with the Queen of The Skies, but are you sure the flaps are retracted?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Something appears to be wrong with your installation. A clean reinstall might help here. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling by first going to "Programs and Features" and uninstalling it there, then simply reinstalling, is that a full reinstall? Also, i have an update: I've just done something, which i have no idea what, but i'm not at 345kt and 24,000 ft and climbing well. So can't be anything to do with the install, i must be doing something wrong. Do you know if they GoFlight MCPro autopilot system has anything to do with it?

Dumb question time..

Some aircraft adopt a nose down attitude when flaps are deployed, especially when near their limiting speed. Not saying this is the case with the Queen of The Skies, but are you sure the flaps are retracted?

Indeed they are. Also, i have an update: I've just done something, which i have no idea what, but i'm not at 345kt and 24,000 ft and climbing well. So can't be anything to do with the install, i must be doing something wrong. Do you know if they GoFlight MCPro autopilot system has anything to do with it?

Hi Adrian,

do you use FSUIPC to assign your axes? If yes, follow exactly what PMDG write int he Introduction document about the use of FSUIPC (unassign axis, rename FSUIPC.ini) and you should be fine.

Peter

Hi Adrian,

do you use FSUIPC to assign your axes? If yes, follow exactly what PMDG write int he Introduction document about the use of FSUIPC (unassign axis, rename FSUIPC.ini) and you should be fine.

Peter

I believe I do use FSUIPC, actually, where can i find the documentation for the use of it? Thanks very much!

Hi there!

I have this problem where my PMDG 747 V3 won't gain speed and climb. I've got LNAV and VNAV, low fuel and low payload with no luck. When my autopilot puts me at level flight to try and gain speed my nose is pointing at 8 degrees down...

http://imgur.com/a/4NakR

Does this happen overtime, has this happened on your first fight or first time after a few flights.  I noticed from your upper EICAS you in "GA" mode, this is what i found on google. from this im taking for some reason you are in thrust limit mode.  Did you not retract your flaps on time possibley?

If a 747-400 is forced back to the departure airport shortly after takeoff, without the flaps going back to fully UP, will the GA thrust limit mode automatically be armed during the approach (i.e. will the Upper EICAS show G/A) or will it have to be selected manually via the FMC?

The logic states in the manual that the GA thrust limit mode is armed either by flaps not in UP or glideslope mode active. However, the flaps never return to UP in this situation and the aircraft may be returning to an airport which doesn't have an ILS. 

Jason Dilley

I believe I do use FSUIPC, actually, where can i find the documentation for the use of it? Thanks very much!

FSUIPC sits in the Modules folder of your simulator, together with FSUIPC.ini. You should be able to unassign the axes in the addon-> FSUIPC menu of FSX/P3D. However, be careful; I lost all axes assignments for my other planes as well when I did that.

Peter

Does this happen overtime, has this happened on your first fight or first time after a few flights.  I noticed from your upper EICAS you in "GA" mode, this is what i found on google. from this im taking for some reason you are in thrust limit mode.  Did you not retract your flaps on time possibley?

If a 747-400 is forced back to the departure airport shortly after takeoff, without the flaps going back to fully UP, will the GA thrust limit mode automatically be armed during the approach (i.e. will the Upper EICAS show G/A) or will it have to be selected manually via the FMC?

The logic states in the manual that the GA thrust limit mode is armed either by flaps not in UP or glideslope mode active. However, the flaps never return to UP in this situation and the aircraft may be returning to an airport which doesn't have an ILS. 

Thanks very much for your research, however i manually did this to see if the extra power would help me gain speed, which as you can see didn't work lol! Thanksf very much again, appreciate your help

FSUIPC sits in the Modules folder of your simulator, together with FSUIPC.ini. You should be able to unassign the axes in the addon-> FSUIPC menu of FSX/P3D. However, be careful; I lost all axes assignments for my other planes as well when I did that.

Peter

Right, will try that after this flight. Now, i think i may have figured out an easier fix however. I realized that just before i started to climb normally, i went into the FSUIPC to check what axes i have assigned, then simply clicked ok. When i returned to the flight i think this is when i started to climb normally, so will also experiment with this. What must i rename the FSUIPC.ini? Thanks very much for the help!

What must i rename the FSUIPC.ini? 

Any other name will do. PMDG advises to delete the file (FSUIPC will then rebuild it), but it is always good to keep a copy of the original file.

Peter

Any other name will do. PMDG advises to delete the file (FSUIPC will then rebuild it), but it is always good to keep a copy of the original file.

Peter

Ok, will do, thanks very much! So i unassign all my axes (and buttons?) used in FSUIPC in the menu, then rename the .ini file? Thanks very much!

Ok, will do, thanks very much! So i unassign all my axes (and buttons?) used in FSUIPC in the menu, then rename the .ini file? Thanks very much!

No, that's too drastic. Just (temporarily) remove the FSUIPC.ini file from the modules folder and test to see whether your issue is resolved. If it doesn't solve the problem, you can put that file back in its place and won't have to reassign all your axes and buttons.

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier