Sign in to follow this  
dagobertii

V speed

Hi !

I feel stupid for asking this, since there obviously is something I miss. For the 777 getting the V speeds calculated is simple and according to the tutorial included with the 747v3 it should be straightforward for the Queen also, but for some reason no V speeds are calculated. Also checked out a Youtube tutorial and there also speeds are shown.

Is there some secret for this for the 747?

/Petter

Hi,

Do you have the ZFW and GW confirmed on the Perf init page, the departure runway selected and the takeoff flaps entered on the takeoff perf page?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

If none of what we've said works, the other option is the aircraft configuration may be set, so the FMC doesn't calculate V-speeds. You'd have to check under the equipment options, page 10 of 22.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Check the following:

Route entered

Weights, Reserves, Cost Index etc entered

Takeoff flaps entered

Departure runway and SID selected

My guess is that your departure runway isn't entered yet, and you won't know that until you have your clearance, so fill out all you can on the FMC whilst prepping the cockpit for pushback, then call for your clearance, which should give you the runway in use and the SID, which you can then enter. Close any Discos, activate and execute the plan, then you should see V speeds in the FMC, click to the right of them and the text will go bigger on them, this confirms they are in and you should then see them on the PFD speed strip. Basically, the problem is that the FMC won't know what to list as your V speeds until it knows where you are taking off from. The same is true for your Ref speeds for landing, you basically won't get them until you've entered the arival runway info into your plan and your flaps and speed etc, and you'll usually get that info from ATC when they commence your descent and start telling you which runway you can expect. It's at that point that you'll be able to enter the relevant info and see them show up.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here