Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Airport Elevation Correction tool

I do not have a major airport listed in this tool. I have run the tool automatically and also use the manual box to search for the airport. Is there any way I can add this airport to the search box?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

BUMP...  I would like to know this too...   I still have issues with a few random airports I would like to fix.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Just open up  your  ftx3   control panel  navigate to the  ftx vector  configuation tool at the bottom you willsee manual option  and  on the right hand  side   you  will see   aec  enable on the left  and  aec  disabled ojn the right  type the  airport  you want  in the tab  than make sure  you click  apply button. Note  if  you run the auto mode  after  it  will overide the setting  you have made  in the manual   section

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I didn't even know this tool existed. I wish I'd known sooner - it would have saved me a lot of frustration... And of course, the answer to that is probably RTFM!!! LOL When will I ever learn? (Answer - all the time, but never enough!)
Cheers

Ian

On 2/13/2017 at 3:37 PM, warbirds said:

I do not have a major airport listed in this tool. I have run the tool automatically and also use the manual box to search for the airport. Is there any way I can add this airport to the search box?

if the airport is not listed, then there is no elevation correction being applied.. so there is also no need to disable it..

messing with the tool won't have any effect on an airport that is not in the list ...because there is no change being made for that airport in the first place!

all that the tool is doing is letting you override the corrections that vector adds at some airports.. most often because you are using an addon that is also making those corrections.

edit: nice job with that Hawaiian freighter version by the way, i've done quite a few flights with that livery :)

cheers,

-andy crosby

Thanks, glad you like :)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png