Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

RealAir Turbo Duke Autopilot Key Press Assignments

Hi All,

I'm in the process of trying to assign key presses to the RealAir Turbo Duke Autopilot. The two buttons I am not able to find key presses for are the:

"UP" Button for VS

"DN" Button for VS

I've looked in the P3D key assignment section of the sim, and my payware version of FSUIPC and I can't find anything that will operate these two buttons.

Everything else seems to work fine, like AP, NAV, FD REV, APR, HDG, etc.

Any ideas?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Wish I could help you here. I only bind the AP On/Off, Hold ALT, and Hold HDG to my yoke, then click the VC for everything else.

Following this thread due to interest though.

Good luck!

Old threat, but as I bought the Tact&Toggle some days ago, I had the same problem.
The solution was to look in the model:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine V2\model\MDLs\LLDefault\RASDukeTv2_VC.MDL and search for "Alt_VS_Display_Toggle". From there, I got a solution but it works only with the FSUIPC full version.

The following code in a LUA script will increment/decrement the VS and show the VS value on the display for some seconds. I call the script from FSUIPC with parameter 10 (increment) or 11 (decrement):

--
-- Increment Autopilot VS - and display VS
--  
if ipcPARAM == 10 then
  ipc.writeLvar("L:apVsUpBut",1)                    -- Push AP VS Button
  ipc.control(65894)                                -- Control for AP VS increment
  abstime=ipc.readDBL(0x0230)                        -- get FSX absolute time (seconds since 1.1.0000, double float)
  clicktime=abstime                                  -- set click time to now
  ipc.writeLvar("L:VS_Click_Time",clicktime)        -- so the Ap show VS for ~3 seconds
  ipc.writeLvar("L:Alt_VS_Display_Toggle",1)        -- Toggle Display
--
-- Decrement Autopilot VS - and display VS
--  
elseif ipcPARAM == 11 then
  ipc.writeLvar("L:apVsDnBut",1)                    -- Push AP VS Button
  ipc.control(65895)                                -- Control for AP VS decrement
  abstime=ipc.readDBL(0x0230)                        -- get FSX absolute time (seconds since 1.1.0000, double float)
  ipc.writeLvar("L:VS_Click_Time",clicktime)        -- so the Ap show VS for ~3 seconds
end

In FSUIPC (registered edition at least) select the key press and buttons tab option. Then if you open the the "control to be sent" drop down box the options includes Ap Vs Var inc and Ap Vs Var dec also the same options but with a fast added at the end. Presumably this fast option would give a higher rate of change. Try them and see if they work.

Or failing that you could possibly use the LUA function (i think it is) of FSUIPC to determine which offset applies when the v/s up and down functions are selected in the sim model. I have not used this feature myself so I am not sure how to do it myself but worth looking at? I am sure someone here could help with that.

Edited by cowpatz
Additional info added

Cheers

Steve Hall

On 5/18/2018 at 9:30 PM, QuaxTheSnoopie said:

Old threat, but as I bought the Tact&Toggle some days ago, I had the same problem.
The solution was to look in the model:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Duke Turbine V2\model\MDLs\LLDefault\RASDukeTv2_VC.MDL and search for "Alt_VS_Display_Toggle". From there, I got a solution but it works only with the FSUIPC full version.

The following code in a LUA script will increment/decrement the VS and show the VS value on the display for some seconds. I call the script from FSUIPC with parameter 10 (increment) or 11 (decrement):

--
-- Increment Autopilot VS - and display VS
--  
if ipcPARAM == 10 then
  ipc.writeLvar("L:apVsUpBut",1)                    -- Push AP VS Button
  ipc.control(65894)                                -- Control for AP VS increment
--
-- Decrement Autopilot VS - and display VS
--  
elseif ipcPARAM == 11 then
  ipc.writeLvar("L:apVsDnBut",1)                    -- Push AP VS Button
  ipc.control(65895)                                -- Control for AP VS decrement
end 

Hi Quax

Would you know how to create a script for the VS button? Basically it just shows the set VS.

Thanks, Scisimmer

Edited by scisimmer

On 9/5/2018 at 7:32 PM, scisimmer said:

Hi Quax

Would you know how to create a script for the VS button? Basically it just shows the set VS.

Thanks, Scisimmer

The default FSUIPC functions don't work with every aircraft.
RealAir, A2A, Aerosoft a.s.o. work mostly with their own LVARs.

That's the reason why you don't see some instruments moving while in replay mode.

As I remember, my problem wasn't to inc/dec the VS but to show it  also on the display in the same way as shown by pressing the buttons in the VC.

There is a set of LUA files for the RealAir TD in a thread on the official FSUIPC user contributions subforum.