Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Speaking of Customer Service...WestJet wins again

Great story, thanks for posting!

Will be flying both airlines on long trips again soon, lets see how they 'perform'.

Cheers!

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

The difference is Air Canada is a former state owned now privatised airline with constant government bailouts. WestJet is employee owned as employees get a share of the airline, so when the airline does well the employees benefit. This is why things like this happen, they want the airline to succeed

Matthew Kane

Yes but everyone knows that is a kick start route. That was exactly how the airline got started in the first place, by buying used 737-200 and even those had issues.

Them buying used 767's from QANTAS was going to have issues as well but no different then their beginnings. Even still that route is in high demand and gets them into a new market.

Matthew Kane

The customers as well could have just ordered pizza themselves. CBC making news out of nothing.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Well, this was the kind act of one person and not the company as a whole.

Stating that Air Canada is constantly receiving government bailouts isn't accurate at all. Canadian Airlines was receiving bailouts toward the end and look what happened to them.

I personally flown on most current and defunct Canadian Carriers. I can tell I have received better service on AC and the old EPA than on WestJet.

Quite frankly, I've seen AC flight attendants go above and beyond after a 16 hour Sydney flight and it not make the news.

But as Dave above states, CBC was having a slow news day. We can agree that CBC does that quite often.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock