Sign in to follow this  
MarioB

The airplane of choice for MCE

I am very happy with the Q400, I will make it work with MCE somehow.

Question: I am interested in the FSL A320 and the PMDG B737 as a next step learning experience. If I had to buy one aircraft where MCE is completely compatible (FMC/CDU included), which one would it be? I do have a penchant for Airbus. The B777 and 747 are just too big for now.

Thank you!

Hi Mario, I fly the FSL Bus almost exclusively since 5 months and I use MCE with the Bus. There were a couple of problems in the beginning, but now

I am very happy. I use checklists and flows of a major European airline and nearly 100% of it can be achieved with MCE, and probably more as I am still

a beginner with MCE.

And I can tell you the Bus is amazing, so real. My son in law is a senior technician for Airbus aircrafts and a good source for information and confirmation.

Have fun.

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Hi Mario, I fly the FSL Bus almost exclusively since 5 months and I use MCE with the Bus. There were a couple of problems in the beginning, but now

I am very happy. I use checklists and flows of a major European airline and nearly 100% of it can be achieved with MCE, and probably more as I am still

a beginner with MCE.

And I can tell you the Bus is amazing, so real. My son in law is a senior technician for Airbus aircrafts and a good source for information and confirmation.

Have fun.

Wow! Thanks a lot Peter. This is quite an endorsement.

Question: I am interested in the FSL A320 and the PMDG B737 as a next step learning experience. If I had to buy one aircraft where MCE is completely compatible (FMC/CDU included), which one would it be? I do have a penchant for Airbus. The B777 and 747 are just too big for now.

Thank you!

The answer depends upon what level of aircraft detail you require in your flight simulation experience.

The Aerosoft Airbus is fully supported by Multi Crew Experience. It costs 1/3 the price of the FSL bus. Aerosoft made it with the intention of giving simmers a pilots experience. I can tell you that it delivers that with MCE. The Aerosoft Airbus will provide most of the FMC functions required for a satisfying simulation experience, without needing to assimilate a complete Flight Manual, before you fly.

As for MCE, having flown quite a few different "types" over the years, the Aerosoft simulation is very satisfying.

The Mjc Dash 8 is well supported by MCE. Only the P3d flat panel switches require input from the Pilot Flying, i.e. yourself. Even those will be eventually added to the inventory, in P3d, although to be honest, the actions are more realistically accomplished by the PF.

Everything's horses for courses. The beauty of MCE is we can enjoy all these aircraft from a Table d'hote...you can eat as much as you like, for one purchase of MCE!:-)

Best regards

David

Thank you!

Because you appear to be in P3D V3, be aware MCE interfacing for FSL A320 has a couple of issues under that simulator. The most important being FO not clicking "flat type" switches on overhead panel, and FMC-CDU.

We're working on restoring that capability. But can't give a date yet.