Sign in to follow this  
JYW

C310 w/GTN750 + AP upgrade - dawn flight into Humberside

I created this VC config for the Milviz C310R (using their "free radio" panel option). It incorporates the GTN750 with autopilot upgrade, using the STEC 55x with Alt Sel option.  (the STEC package is part of the Simflyer avionics package on Simmarket).

I had failed to make a "UNIT2" adjustment in the panel.cfg for the 2nd GTN750 - but it's all fixed up now. :smile:

710.jpg

410.jpg

310.jpg

210.jpg

110.jpg

610.jpg

510.jpg

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

New pic with both GTN750s working :-

813.jpg

Bill

Hi JYW,

I've recently returned to the Milviz C310R. I've been researching real-world C310s and you've given me an idea utilizing the "free-radio" option to modify. I'm not interested GTN 650/750 integration as the vast majority of real world types employ GNS 530, 430, KLN90, etc. I'd like to integrate one of these types with the WX and a King-Bendix type #2 VHF set. May I ask where you found details on using the free-radio option (Milviz POH?) and second question - did you use FS Panel or something similar to make the mods?

Many thanks / Les Parson

Hi JYW,

I've recently returned to the Milviz C310R. I've been researching real-world C310s and you've given me an idea utilizing the "free-radio" option to modify. I'm not interested GTN 650/750 integration as the vast majority of real world types employ GNS 530, 430, KLN90, etc. I'd like to integrate one of these types with the WX and a King-Bendix type #2 VHF set. May I ask where you found details on using the free-radio option (Milviz POH?) and second question - did you use FS Panel or something similar to make the mods?

Many thanks / Les Parson

Hi Les,

I didn't consult any Milviz docs as I've been tweaking around with panels etc for quite some time.  But yes, I certainly did use FS Panel Studio (wouldn't leave home without it where panel tweaking is conerned!).

The C310R is almost unique in how Milviz have provided the "free panel" version - you can basically place anything on that huge blank (twin column) radio panel of the aircraft.  So you could certainly place your desired gauges there. You'd just need the gauges you're after.

I do own the Reality XP GNS 430 and 530 but as I now use FSX:SE cannot use them any more.   I may get the new Flight 1 GNS530 at some point and would certainly make a C310 config that uses it.  

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the info. I have FS Panel too. I also have the RXP 530/430 and plan to purchase the Flight 1 530/430 after Colin makes the Milviz mods available.

Bill, I don't know if you're aware but there has been an update announced for the RXP 430 and 530 which will support both FSX-SE and P3D.  Supposed to be "Real Soon Now", but...

From my perspective, I'd prefer to wait and see what RXP does, as the F1 version doesn't support xfill or have the ability to drive external displays (G500, G600, Aspen, etc.).

Scott

Bill, I don't know if you're aware but there has been an update announced for the RXP 430 and 530 which will support both FSX-SE and P3D.  Supposed to be "Real Soon Now", but...

From my perspective, I'd prefer to wait and see what RXP does, as the F1 version doesn't support xfill or have the ability to drive external displays (G500, G600, Aspen, etc.).

Scott

Cheers Scott, I didn't know that, great news!

Yes the ability to output the GPS course to other screens is something I really miss with the GTN750.   A brilliant feature of RXP that let's you see your RXP-derived course on other nav displays in the VC.

Bill