Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Cant find the elevator trim

Of course I found the readout, at the left side of the console, next to the throttles, but there isnt anything that moves the setting, or that lets me read the vallue.

I found some posts about the old 747, about having to setup joystick buttons for control, but I tried default, as well as FSUIPC, but I cant get the trim to move visually and I cant check anything because I dont get a label with a vallue.

So, where can I adjust the trim? How do I read the vallue on the indicator? And how can I connect it to a controller?

Cheers!

Maarten

1. The default trim up/down command will work. If not, then something is interfering (or you don't have the hydraulics turned on).

2. You read the indicator by looking at it and eyeballing it. Keep in mind that the load sheet already assumes each passenger weighs the same amount. If you've ever been around people, you know this is not true (and will therefore affect your CG value, so the trim value you're given is a best guess anyway). A pilot in the real plane doesn't hover their hand over the indicator to get a pop up with the exact value.

3. See point 1.

Kyle Rodgers

1. The default trim up/down command will work. If not, then something is interfering (or you don't have the hydraulics turned on).

I think there must have been something interfering, first I didnt get any repsonse at all, even after restarting P3D, but now I've restarted the pc, it seems to work. So that's good, thats good, thats good! :dance:

1. You read the indicator by looking at it and eyeballing it. Keep in mind that the load sheet already assumes each passenger weighs the same amount. If you've ever been around people, you know this is not true (and will therefore affect your CG value, so the trim value you're given is a best guess anyway). A pilot in the real plane doesn't hover their hand over the indicator to get a pop up with the exact value.

Ouch, that's going to be a hard one for me, thats one my autism is going to work against me... ;)

The actual numbers in the FMC are like 4.35 which is exact untill 2 zeros behind the decimal, which is, in my view, very exact. I mentally cant make a functioning link between a very exact number and then eyeball it on the gauge... Not blaming anyone, just pointing out my prediccament. :Tounge:

Cheers!

Maarten

Just something to overcome. That, or make a mental challenge of being able to segment between 4 and 5, and mentally calculate where 4.35 would be. 4.333333 (repeating) is 1/3 between 4 and 5, so eyeball out 1/3 and carry on. Can't let the simple things hang you up. In flying, it can have disastrous outcomes.

Kyle Rodgers