Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Service Vehicle Repaints

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any such as Gate Gourmet etc.

Thanks

Dmitriy Toropov

Think it was mentioned before, on another thread, to hold your horses for the minute,  as PMDG do not "allow" 3rd party repaints of the gate vehicles yet. They will be releasing repaints I assume with future updates. Don't quote me word for word and i'm sure PMDG staff will give you an official answer.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Think it was mentioned before, on another thread, to hold your horses for the minute,  as PMDG do not "allow" 3rd party repaints of the gate vehicles yet. They will be releasing repaints I assume with future updates. Don't quote me word for word and i'm sure PMDG staff will give you an official answer.

Hey Imram it was me who poked around with repainting them and PMDG let us know they may be exploring that in the future.

I looked at how they configured them and as an experienced painter and simmer in general I can wholeheartedly say that it would not be easy to do and we all should head PMDG's advice.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

It appears to me that now there can only be one livery per service vehicle, shared by the entire 747 fleet. 

On Opensky and SkySpirit aircraft, the service vehicles are built into the aircraft model, so there can be different textures as part of the individual liveries. 

PMDG has a separate set of vehicles in FSX\SimObjects\Misc, and AFAIK there is at present no way for an aircraft with a specific livery to be assigned a vehicle with an airline-specific livery.  The advantages to the PMDG approach are 1) the aircraft is not flying around with the service vehicle models built in - given the number of service vehicles, their approach eliminates this extra memory consumption.  2) Service vehicle requests can be queued and vehicles come and go in a more realistic way. 

PMDG would have to modify its system to allow an aircraft with a specific livery to be linked to appropriate service vehicle liveries.  Also, it might be more realistic in some cases to have the same service vehicle livery for one airport, and a different livery for a different airport.  Don't know if that is possible.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Perhaps they could allow a feature within the OC to chose a service vehicle livery. Like a PMDG folder that contains all vehicle liveries and the OC would just copy the textures to the relevant folder.

Or for those of us who like to use ground operations for refueling to be able to deselect the PMDG service fleet and use GSX instead. If that produces problems for ground operations opening the correct doors I would happily manually open the doors. In my view PMDG liveried vehicles are unrealistic and it's especially noticeable in an add on that successfully simulates most of the aeroplane's systems.

As a GSX user I prefer the ground operations as modeled in PMDG's 777. Would it be possible to have such an option in the 747? For some people this would solve the issue of wanting to repaint the PMDG service fleet.

Would it be possible to have such an option in the 747?

There is an option to disable service vehicles.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes I know there is but if you activate the ground operations page the service vehicle page is greyed out. If am wrong I would be grateful if you could tell me how to disable service vehicles when using ground services

Yes I know there is but if you activate the ground operations page the service vehicle page is greyed out. If am wrong I would be grateful if you could tell me how to disable service vehicles when using ground services

It's found in the PMDG Options Simulations menu, as well as in the Introduction document.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, you can found one here. In my opinion, this is fully compliant with the EULA ("You may alter certain files contained in this program as necessary to activate user-created liveries with this software."...).
Best regards,

Geoffrey Fernandez

Yes I know it's on p139 in the Introduction. When Ground operations is activated the page shown on p139 is greyed out so it's not possible to stop the PMDG service fleet. If I don't activated Ground operations I can then stop the service fleet. So currently I have a choice of either using ground ops and the PMDG service fleet or using GSX vehicles and not simulating real time refueling. Yes I can use GSX for pushback. When I land I can of course then use the GSX fleet. Therefore before pushback I currently stay in the virtual cockpit and don't have to see the PMDG vehicles. It's not a big deal but a little annoying as I can at the same time refuel the PMDG 777 and use the GSX service fleet.

I think one advantage of doing PMDG's way, is with service vehicles in simobjects\misc folders, they could be easily adapted for use in the T7, NGX. -8 with future updates without having to create a whole new set of GSVs.  Perhaps PMDG could create service vehicle texture subfolders just like with the aircraft, that way you could have various GSV liveries/airlines, then via your airplane's config options, assign a designated GSV livery to that particular plane.

Cheers

TJ