Sign in to follow this  
Humberside

Bizjet

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a Bizjet (I prefer a long range, or at least across the pond capable) however I would like it more to be able to handle the small ORBX airfields and have VNAV/LNAV/FMC or equivalent. 

Joe

to be Long Range and STOL seems a bit odd to me.... probably the closest you will find is the Citation X from Eaglesoft (if you are looking for a quality aircraft).  Tons more others out there (none that I can recommend) :smile:

WAT1460.png

to be Long Range and STOL seems a bit odd to me

STOL is what I would like more but long range is an added bonus 

I also have the Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X. It can be tricky to get working though. I've had numerous problems with it in the past. However the latest version is running a lot more stable than before.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Across the pond? Only the Citation X can do it I think

If you stop I'd recommend either the XTreme prototypes Lear 25 GLJ or Flysimware Lear 35 and the F1 GTN 750

Edit: of FMC, basically the citation x from Eaglesoft is your only option. Or the PMDG NG with the -600/700 expansion as a BBJ

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Citation Mustang can make it across the Atlantic if you island hop.  (I have one note, right?) Lands on 3,400 or thereabouts? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I absolutely love the Flysimware LJ35... highly recommended!  With the GTN750, it's a complete suite.

• Upvote 1

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Eaglesoft Citation X is the fastest by far.

It's a beautiful aircraft and the systems are complex but learnable.

Many other recent threads to read on this topic.

Oh and a money back Flight1 guarantee if you don't like it or it doesn't work for you.

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Eaglesoft Citation X is the fastest by far.
It's a beautiful aircraft and the systems are complex but learnable.
Many other recent threads to read on this topic.
Oh and a money back Flight1 guarantee if you don't like it or it doesn't work for you.

Stunning on the outside.  They're working on much needed improvements on the inside.  Pretty hard to program switches and buttons if you use hardware.  Nice avionics and it uses Navigraph.  As Dean says, wow is it fast.  I recently saw a real world flightplan for one from the US mainland to Hawaii.  I think it's a fairly long flight for IFR with reserves, but it made it.  Can land on 2200 ft of runway and depart on 3100 at max takeoff weight.

The Flight1 Mustang has a much nicer cockpit with a very good but not great G1000 that also uses Navigraph (no VNAV, can't use airways...but you can create the flight plan in Simbrief and load it which fixes the airway problem).  The FADEC in it is a work of art...just about perfect.  It needs 3400 ft of runway.  Top speed is 350ish and it's good for much shorter flights...1300 miles or so. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yeah Eaglesoft are working on a new version of the Citation (the cockpit graphics are very dated by today's standards) but I believe this is a new product and it will have to be bought again. So buying the latest version could be a mistake. However, they haven't given a release date for the new version so it could be worth buying the current one.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Thanks, It looks like the Citation, however I may wait for the new version. I've heard a challenger is also in development. 

Thanks, It looks like the Citation, however I may wait for the new version. I've heard a challenger is also in development. 

Hi Joe,

This is NOT a dis of Eaglesoft but I cannot recommend you waiting for the update of the CX v3.  The Challenger is in development and will probably be a FANTASTIC purchase.  Eaglesoft has been developing the Citation XLS+ for several years now and have stated this is their next jet entry into the flightsim market.  I would recommend you get the Citation X v2 now for a 30 day trial and if you like it there may be a nice discount on the updated version.  Check their forum for other details.  :) 

WAT1460.png

Hi Joe,

This is NOT a dis of Eaglesoft but I cannot recommend you waiting for the update of the CX v3.  The Challenger is in development and will probably be a FANTASTIC purchase.  Eaglesoft has been developing the Citation XLS+ for several years now and have stated this is their next jet entry into the flightsim market.  I would recommend you get the Citation X v2 now for a 30 day trial and if you like it there may be a nice discount on the updated version.  Check their forum for other details.  :) 

Ok thank you very much

Eaglesoft has been developing the Citation XLS+ for several years now

Not certain where you get this from... I've not even made it a full year yet... but hey... maybe you know something I don't?? LOL

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Sorry, you disagree Ed.  Maybe this post from Eaglesoft will help refresh your memory.

http://eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1102

please see Ron's post (Dec 22, 2015) stating he promises it won't take until Christmas 2016 and Robert Kerr's post "as of April 2016, I would be at the 3 year point on the project". 

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png