Sign in to follow this  
Humberside

Bizjet

The XLS+ will be a great addition.  I have 500+ recently in the real deal and with its Proline 21 avionics it is a pleasure to fly.  I recently retired and if I see this offering, I will have it.  Keep it coming.

Mike

• Upvote 2

what about the WILCO FALCON 7X?

Erm.....  Not really a contender.

@WarpD, thanks Ed for that video, I must have missed it!  Looking superb!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Over time I have decided to not be active here for a lot of reasons. However, when I see my name in a thread I feel obligated to say something.

I started working on the XLS around May of 2013. At the time I was supplied with the files of a model that had been started by someone else. After evaluating the mesh I determined that the best course of action was to start from scratch. At that time I was doing the XLS. I had most of the panel work done when it was decided that we wanted to go with the XLS+. That required a total rework of the VC panels. As I do this stuff in my spare time my ability to work on it revolves around my real world life. My real-world job tends to incur a fair amount of overtime, and in the last year I also had to deal with my Dad's failing health. I lost him right after Christmas. He was the one that instilled into me things like paying attention to details, which is why this project has taken so long to grind out. He was also the reason I got the aviation bug. He made planes as a hobby. I got into developing when I realized that there were tools available that would let me re-create the planes he made and fly them on a computer.

As I work a project I am always learning a better way to do certain things. When that happens I look at what I have already done and upgrade as needed. While it may be frustrating to those that want to fly it yesterday I will work it until I determine that I can't get it any better than what I see today. That day is getting close.

I am creating something that people are going to spend money on. It has to be the best product I can provide. I take that seriously, and if that means you have to wait until I determine that I have reached that goal that's the way it is. I hope that you understand.

• Upvote 6

Awesome, thanks for that update. Look forward to the purchase when it's ready. I love the Citation X and I have very little doubt that the XLS+ won't also be exceptional. Coupled with the legendary Eaglesoft support, should be a great purchase!  :smile:

I am creating something that people are going to spend money on. It has to be the best product I can provide. I take that seriously, and if that means you have to wait until I determine that I have reached that goal that's the way it is. I hope that you understand.

And no one is holding that against you, nor against Eaglesoft. We all know creating a complex addon takes years. It was just silly to counter "its been in development for few years" with "it hasn't even been a year" while the facts are obviously different. 

Looking forward to XLS+, if it will remain on Citation X level, we're really looking forward for a treat.

what about the WILCO FALCON 7X?

It's probably the worst performaing aircraft in my fleet. I would not recommend it unless Wilco can get its performance optimized. 

are carenado's offerings any good?

They're good if you don't want to use the G1000 or autopilot much.  They hand fly well.  The Mustang is far, far better in terms of both...a well implemented FADEC and a complete autopilot with a nice FLC mode.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

is the citation x compatible with fsx steam?

Yes it is.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough