Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Save problem with latest Linda and Airbus Module

Linda 2.8.9 Standard v2 + Aerosoft Airbus Module 4.4 v3 (downloaded today) for AIRBUS FCU.

No assignments to DME/CRS knob/press can be saved, unfortunately. The rest work ok so far.

Pls fix if possible or explain how to reconfigure.

Thanks,

Also I get this message in linda window at initialization: "HID configs not found for default Aircraft" though I checked I Listed all HID Assignments and saved them for FSX Default and Aerosoft Airbus.

Thanks,

Rolled back to Linda 2.8.3 (397) and Aerosoft Airbus Module v4.3 - same thing with DME/CRS knob - can't assign any functions as they don't get saved.  But at least there's no "HID configs..." warning anymore. Something is not right in the above (newer) combination.

Thanks,

Dirk. 

Thank you for the report. I had already identified the problem with the DME/CRS settings not being given saved correctly. A significant update includes a fix. It currently being tested and will be issued shortly.

Also I get this message in linda window at initialization: "HID configs not found for default Aircraft" though I checked I Listed all HID Assignments and saved them for FSX Default and Aerosoft Airbus.

The FSX Default config-hid.lua is applied to all aircraft and is overlaid with the aircraft specific config-hid.lua. It is designed this way to allow users to have a joystick setup that applies to all their flying. For example, I have zoom in/out assigned to buttons on my flight tickets.

The fix.You need to load a Default aircraft, go to the Joystick page, make any assignment and save it. This will remove the message.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you for the report. I had already identified the problem with the DME/CRS settings not being given saved correctly. A significant update includes a fix. It currently being tested and will be issued shortly.

The FSX Default config-hid.lua is applied to all aircraft and is overlaid with the aircraft specific config-hid.lua. It is designed this way to allow users to have a joystick setup that applies to all their flying. For example, I have zoom in/out assigned to buttons on my flight tickets.

The fix.You need to load a Default aircraft, go to the Joystick page, make any assignment and save it. This will remove the message.

ScotFlieger, a few more questions, please:

1) Sorry, but what is your 'flight tickets'?

2) The default aircraft in P3Dv3 is F-22. By 'Joystick page' you meant Linda's UI?

3)  All my joysticks and HIDs are disabled in Linda on purpose, but no problem I can try and assign something. Will I need to keep this assignment?

4) As I mentioned before I do not have that warning in previous Linda 2.8.3 (397) + Aerosoft Airbus Module v4.3 combination. So can I just copy/drop some file from that backup to the newer Linda 2.8.9 Standard v2 + Aerosoft Airbus Module 4.4 v3 to get rid from that HID configs warning without assigning anything in Linda?

5) Did I get Guenseli right that when updating some Linda's aircraft profile to a newer version I should not copy over linda-cfg folder if I want to keep my assignments. But here's another question: if I don't overwrite that linda-cfg from the newer profile version, will I have additional functionality of the newer Profile?

Too many questions, sorry. But I'll learn and improve ))

Thanks,

Dirk98

1) Sorry, but what is your 'flight tickets'?

CH Flightstick (damned autocorrect).

2) The default aircraft in P3Dv3 is F-22. By 'Joystick page' you meant Linda's UI?

A Default aircraft is any of the standard aircraft (including F-22 and B58) supplied with the Flt Sim. All aircraft without a specific module (like the PMDG 737NGX and Aerosoft Airbus) are treated as default aircraft to which the FSX Default configurations are applied.

4) As I mentioned before I do not have that warning in previous Linda 2.8.3 (397) + Aerosoft Airbus Module v4.3 combination. So can I just copy/drop some file from that backup to the newer Linda 2.8.9 Standard v2 + Aerosoft Airbus Module 4.4 v3 to get rid from that HID configs warning without assigning anything in Linda?

Yes. Because all users have the own combination of joysticks and devices, the user has to set up their own default setups (config-hid.lua). Normally, if you install LINDA updates on top of your existing installation, your existing setup will not be overwritten and you will receive no warnings. If you install to a clean directory, you need to copy back your backed up configurations for those aircraft you use as detailed in the release notes.

Did I get Guenseli right that when updating some Linda's aircraft profile to a newer version I should not copy over linda-cfg folder if I want to keep my assignments. But here's another question: if I don't overwrite that linda-cfg from the newer profile version, will I have additional functionality of the newer Profile?

Correct. Apart from the mistake in the early FSLabs Airbus beta, all downloaded modules should not overwrite your existing configuration files (like config-hid.lua and config-mcpX.lua). The newer functionality (in actions.lua) will be applied non-destructively. It is therefore important that should you make any coding changes for an aircraft that these new functions are placed in the aircraft user.lua files. Otherwise, any changes risk being lost.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Speaking of HID controllers, in my case Linda reads only GoFlight RP48 as 1axis 8 buttons and GoFlight LGT II as 1 axis 6 buttons. Each of GoFlight RP48 besides 8 buttons, has 4 rotaries with +/++/-/-- positions each, but unfortunately Linda does not see them as such. Is it normal? All my CH Manager Devices and F16 MFD are seen ok in Joysticks recognition window.

Thanks,

Dirk.

It is therefore important that should you make any coding changes for an aircraft that these new functions are placed in the aircraft user.lua files. Otherwise, any changes risk being lost.

By 'coding changes' do you mean some different reassignment of buttons or a rotaries that user makes on his own, different from those, that came in the original Profile? Or do you mean new function variables that were not at all in the Profile? Anyway, how to put 'these new functions' in user.lua files then?

Thanks,

Dirk.

For what it matters even though DME/CRS rotary is unassigned and unassaignable in Linda currently, it still functions in a plane in P3D and changes COM frequency. 

Thanks,

Dirk.

Yes. Because all users have the own combination of joysticks and devices, the user has to set up their own default setups (config-hid.lua). Normally, if you install LINDA updates on top of your existing installation, your existing setup will not be overwritten and you will receive no warnings. 

There are 3 config-hid.lua files here:

\linda\data\templates\configs\config-hid.lua

\linda-cfg\aircrafts\Aerosoft Airbus\config-hid.lua

\linda-cfg\system\config-hid.lua

Did you talk about the last 2 config-hid.lua ones? Or just the last one?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Ok, I think I have the answer to the last question from the release notes:

If you carried out a full delete, copy your backup aircraft modules and configurations into
the new folders. You will need to restore the contents of \linda\aircrafts and \lindacfg\
aircrafts. Additionally, you should restore a copy of the file config-hid.lua from \lindacfg\
system\. This is essential to ensure that all previously used joystick devices are
properly recorded and no error appear in the logs.

Speaking of HID controllers, in my case Linda reads only GoFlight RP48 as 1axis 8 buttons and GoFlight LGT II as 1 axis 6 buttons. Each of GoFlight RP48 besides 8 buttons, has 4 rotaries with +/++/-/-- positions each, but unfortunately Linda does not see them as such. Is it normal? All my CH Manager Devices and F16 MFD are seen ok in Joysticks recognition window.

LINDA only works with buttons on joystick and joystick-like HID devices. If you have a multi-position rotary or switch with more than one position, each position is treated as a button push and will need a function assigned to it in LINDA.  Any axis must be setup within the Flt Sim or FSUIPC4. VRi MCP Combo panels are a special case and are handled separately.

By 'coding changes' do you mean some different reassignment of buttons or a rotaries that user makes on his own, different from those, that came in the original Profile? Or do you mean new function variables that were not at all in the Profile? Anyway, how to put 'these new functions' in user.lua files then?

By coding I mean software programming - the writing of LUA code functions to be called when assigned to a button. This is for advanced user with programming knowledge only. Coding/programming is different from the user assigning functions to buttons using the LINDA GUI to expand on the default configurations or profiles we provide.

For what it matters even though DME/CRS rotary is unassigned and unassaignable in Linda currently, it still functions in a plane in P3D and changes COM frequency. 

I know.

\linda\data\templates\configs\config-hid.lua

\linda-cfg\aircrafts\Aerosoft Airbus\config-hid.lua

\linda-cfg\system\config-hid.lua

Did you talk about the last 2 config-hid.lua ones? Or just the last one?

There are multiple files with the name config-hid.lua.

You are only interested in the config-hid.lua in the /linda-cfg/aircrafts/ sub-folders. There is one in FSX Default (the one you are missing) and for each aircraft (ie. Aerosoft Airbus). As I explained, you need to load a default aircraft (ie. F22) and make at least one assignment in the Joystick page (in the LINDA GUI) and save to remove the warning you are seeing.

Do not touch those in \templates and \system folders. These are for system use only.

Finally, while I am here to help, please note that LINDA is a freeware utility for flt simmers and all support is provided on a free time basis. Please read the manual (which I know is out of date) for general principles and the release notes issued with the LINDA downloads. I will help where I can.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Finally, while I am here to help, please note that LINDA is a freeware utility for flt simmers and all support is provided on a free time basis. Please read the manual (which I know is out of date) for general principles and the release notes issued with the LINDA downloads. I will help where I can.

I think you've covered most of the Linda's principles in this thread.

Thank you very much again,

Dirk.

PS: Don't feel obliged to answer everything that I ask, there are other knowledgeable users that may chime in to help, this is a forum after all. However all your inputs are very much appreciated.

There are multiple files with the name config-hid.lua.

You are only interested in the config-hid.lua in the /linda-cfg/aircrafts/ sub-folders. There is one in FSX Default (the one you are missing) and for each aircraft (ie. Aerosoft Airbus). 

Sorry, but this is not correct. There are no files named config-hid.lua in /linda-cfg/aircrafts/ sub-folders. So I'm scratching my head again. 

Thanks,

Dirk.

These files will not exist until created by the user as follows:

• Start P3D with a default aircraft (F22 or Beechcraft 58).
  • Start LINDA.
  • Click on FSXSync at top of LINDA window. Ensure FSX Default displayed in aircraft dropdown and outlined in orange.
  • Click on Joystick button to open LINDA settings page.
  • Press a button on a device/joystick to highlight a line on the page for that device.
  • Click in the OnPress column for that button and assign a function from LIB:Default FSX (or any other).
  • Click on Save to create the Default FSX config-hid.lua in /linda-cfg/aircrafts/fsx default folder.
  • Load an add-on aircraft like Aerosoft Airbus.
  • Ensure FSXSync and Aerosoft Airbus appear outlined in orange.
  • Repeat above to assign a function and save. This will create the config-hid.lua for that aircraft.

Most users do not need to look under to hood as you are. You only need to work with the LINDA GUI to set it up as you require.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

These files will not exist until created by the user as follows:

• Start P3D with a default aircraft (F22 or Beechcraft 58).
  • Start LINDA.
  • Click on FSXSync at top of LINDA window. Ensure FSX Default displayed in aircraft dropdown and outlined in orange.
  • Click on Joystick button to open LINDA settings page.
  • Press a button on a device/joystick to highlight a line on the page for that device.
  • Click in the OnPress column for that button and assign a function from LIB:Default FSX (or any other).
  • Click on Save to create the Default FSX config-hid.lua in /linda-cfg/aircrafts/fsx default folder.
  • Load an add-on aircraft like Aerosoft Airbus.
  • Ensure FSXSync and Aerosoft Airbus appear outlined in orange.
  • Repeat above to assign a function and save. This will create the config-hid.lua for that aircraft.

Most users do not need to look under to hood as you are. You only need to work with the LINDA GUI to set it up as you require.

Great!

As an example I've already made a few luas and assigned my GoFlight RP48 rotaries with them based on your under the hood findings of variables in AS AIRBUS (not officially listed in AS SDK). The same principle can be used in other add-on aircraft and with other input devices. I'll post my lua exploits later on, to help those who use both vrinsight mcp/fcu and some GFPanels. Please rest assured that all your inputs are not in vain or excessive. Very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dirk.

The Combo MCP DME/CRS now saves correctly in LINDA 2.9.1 available on the Download sub-forum. The aircraft specific CRS Inc/Dec functions for more advanced aircraft like PDMG 737NGX and Aerosoft Airbus can be assigned and will be correctly executed. The default DME/CRS functions will be called regardless.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

The Combo MCP DME/CRS now saves correctly in LINDA 2.9.1 available on the Download sub-forum. The aircraft specific CRS Inc/Dec functions for more advanced aircraft like PDMG 737NGX and Aerosoft Airbus can be assigned and will be correctly executed. The default DME/CRS functions will be called regardless.

Yes, it does save now but doesn't work in a scenario, at least in the latest Aerosoft Airbus A318/A19/20/21 Profie on AIRBUS FCU, unfortunately. Check yourselft. Perhaps the Profile update will be needed?

Thanks,

Dirk.

So, while this function faults with VRInsight hardware I'm using my script to drive Dispalys On/Off from my HID devices and/or Joysticks as follows (event-driven):

function PFD_Power_inc ( joynum, button, downup )
    var = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_MPL_PFD_Power")
if var < 20 then
            ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_PFD_Power", var + 1)
    end
end
-- 

function PFD_Power_dec ( joynum, button, downup )
    var = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_MPL_PFD_Power")
if var > 0 then
         ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_PFD_Power", var - 1)
    end
end
-- 

function PFD_Power_on ()
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_PFD_Power", 16)
   end
--

function PFD_Power_off ()
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_PFD_Power", 0)

end
-----------------------------------------------------------------

function ND_Power_inc ( joynum, button, downup )
    var = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_MPL_ND_Bright")
if var < 20 then
        ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ND_Bright", var + 1)
    end
end
--

function ND_Power_dec ( joynum, button, downup )
    var = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_MPL_ND_Bright")
if var > 0 then
        ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ND_Bright", var - 1)
    end
end
--

function ND_Power_on ()
   ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ND_Bright", 14)

end
--

function ND_Power_off ()
   ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ND_Bright", 0)

end
----------------------------------------------------------------------

function ND_RadarPower_inc ( joynum, button, downup )
    var = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_MPL_NDTERR_Bright")
if var < 20 then
        ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_NDTERR_Bright", var + 1)

end
end
--

function ND_RadarPower_dec ( joynum, button, downup )
    var = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_MPL_NDTERR_Bright")
if var > 0 then
        ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_NDTERR_Bright", var - 1)
    end
end
--

function ND_RadarPower_on ()
   ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_NDTERR_Bright", 10)

end
--

function ND_RadarPower_off ()
    ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_NDTERR_Bright", 0)

end
----------------------------------------------------------------------

function ECAMU_Power_inc ()
    var = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAMU_Power")
    if var < 20 then
        ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAMU_Power", var + 1)
    end
end
----

function ECAMU_Power_dec ()
    var = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAMU_Power")
    if var > 0 then
        ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAMU_Power", var - 1)
    end
end
---

function ECAMU_Power_on ()
    ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAMU_Power", 17)
end
----

function ECAMU_Power_off ()
    ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAMU_Power", 0)
end
-----------------------------------------------------------

function ECAML_Power_inc ()
    var = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAML_Power")
    if var < 20 then
        ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAML_Power", var + 1)
    end
end
-------

function ECAML_Power_dec ()
    var = ipc.readLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAML_Power")
    if var > 0 then
        ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAML_Power", var - 1)
    end
end
--------

function ECAML_Power_on ()
    ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAML_Power", 17)
end
----

function ECAML_Power_off ()
    ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAML_Power", 0)
end
---------------------------------------------

function AllDisp_Power_inc ( joynum, button, downup )
   PFD_Power_inc ()
   ND_Power_inc ()
   ND_RadarPower_inc ()
    ECAMU_Power_inc ()
    ECAML_Power_inc ()
end
--

function AllDisp_Power_dec ( joynum, button, downup )
  PFD_Power_dec ()
  ND_Power_dec ()
  ND_RadarPower_dec ()
    ECAMU_Power_dec ()
    ECAML_Power_dec ()
  end
---

function AB_All_Avionics_on ( joynum, button, downup )
PFD_Power_on ()
ND_Power_on ()
ND_RadarPower_on ()
ECAMU_Power_on ()
ECAML_Power_on ()

end
--

function AB_All_Avionics_off ( joynum, button, downup )
ECAML_Power_off ()
ECAMU_Power_off ()
ND_Power_off ()
ND_RadarPower_off ()
PFD_Power_off ()
end
--

event.button(174, 10, 1, "PFD_Power_inc")
event.button(174, 11, 1, "PFD_Power_inc")
event.button(174, 9, 1, "PFD_Power_dec")
event.button(174, 8, 1, "PFD_Power_dec")

event.button(174, 14, 1, "ND_Power_inc")
event.button(174, 15, 1, "ND_Power_inc")
event.button(174, 13, 1, "ND_Power_dec")
event.button(174, 12, 1, "ND_Power_dec")

event.button(174, 18, 1, "ND_RadarPower_inc")
event.button(174, 19, 1, "ND_RadarPower_inc")
event.button(174, 17, 1, "ND_RadarPower_dec")
event.button(174, 16, 1, "ND_RadarPower_dec")

event.button(174, 22, 1, "AllDisp_Power_inc")
event.button(174, 23, 1, "AllDisp_Power_inc")
event.button(174, 21, 1, "AllDisp_Power_dec")
event.button(174, 20, 1, "AllDisp_Power_dec")

event.button("F", 24, 1, "AB_All_Avionics_on")

event.button("F", 25, 1, "AB_All_Avionics_off")

Ask your questions, if interested.

Thanks,

Dirk 

Yes, it does save now but doesn't work in a scenario, at least in the latest Aerosoft Airbus A318/A19/20/21 Profie on AIRBUS FCU, unfortunately. Check yourselft. Perhaps the Profile update will be needed?

Thank you for spotting that problem. The MCP DME/CRS were being correctly saved but the display was being corrupted. Clicking FSXSync twice will display the correct assignments. A similar problem was happening when loading scenarios causing the saved settings to be overwritten.

This will be fixed in the next update.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank you for spotting that problem. The MCP DME/CRS were being correctly saved but the display was being corrupted. Clicking FSXSync twice will display the correct assignments. A similar problem was happening when loading scenarios causing the saved settings to be overwritten.

This will be fixed in the next update.

Sorry, Scott, I'm not sure what you're talking about  here. I was referring to the problem that DME/CRS knob still did not work in the latest LINDA 2.9.2 if I wanted to assign AllDisp Power inc / AllDispPower dec functions to it. Neither does the "Press: AB All Avionics on" assignment work. Or did you mean there was a bug and so they are not supposed to work now in v2.9.2 until the next update?

Thanks,

Dirk.