Sign in to follow this  
Andy7

APPCRASH kernel32.dll when exiting FSX

Looks like it's solved by the new update just released, I tested after the update and no more crash on exit from main menu.

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - BUILD 3.00.8186 (Released 2017-03-10)

Cheers,

Michael

Just an FYI, It's not fixed for all...

It's definitely not VAS related.  I had around 1GB of free VAS when I exited FSX-SE.

Just installed the latest FSUIPC the other day and that didn't help.

Software setup is:

Sim PC:  Two month old fresh install of Windows 7 64b & FSX-SE, FSUIPC, ChasePlane, vPilot (host mode), Aivlasoft EFB(Data Provider), Various payware scenery(Only Dep & Arr scenery enabled)

Secondary PC:  AS16, Aivlasoft EFB Display, FS RealTime, vPilot (Display mode), WideFS

Hardware setup:

Sim PC:  Intel i7 2600k OC 4.9GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Sabertooth P67 MB, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC 8GB, 2xSamsung EVO 840 1TB SSD, 1TB WD Black HD, Corsair 1200AX PS.

Sec. PC:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz, ASUS M5A97 R2.0 MB, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX460 1GB, Agility3 120GB SSD, 500GB WD, Thermaltake Toughpower 650 Modular PS

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

42 minutes ago, ViperXBR said:

Software setup is:

Sim PC:  Two month old fresh install of Windows 7 64b & FSX-SE, FSUIPC, ChasePlane, vPilot (host mode), Aivlasoft EFB(Data Provider), Various payware scenery(Only Dep & Arr scenery enabled)

Secondary PC:  AS16, Aivlasoft EFB Display, FS RealTime, vPilot (Display mode), WideFS

Before you close the sim, close the client apps on your second machine. Report back with the result.

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Before you close the sim, close the client apps on your second machine. Report back with the result.

I'll make sure I try that next time.  I usually do except for AS16.  That has a bigger effect on the sim if closed prior to shutting down FSX-SE.  When I see a disconnect signal from AS, that's when I know FSX-SE has completely shutdown.

I did this last night with the T7 and no issue.  I'll try again with the 747 in the next day or two.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

The crash remains will the 747 fully updated (only on exit).

I don't see this as a big problem, as the flight at that moment is done, and i can confirm it's not VAS related

44 minutes ago, jasoncardeira said:

The crash remains will the 747 fully updated (only on exit).

This would imply that there's something we need to fix.

Kernel32.dll isn't ours, so the implication that we need to fix something that isn't ours seems misplaced.

Kyle Rodgers

Strange that i only have this crash on exit with the 747. No problems with the 737 and the 777.

I've tried different video drivers, clean fsx cfg's, and nothing had solve it.

This is not a major issue (the flight is done), and this crash doesn't happen if i load FSX with the 747 and shut it down after that 20 seconds.

2 hours ago, jasoncardeira said:

Strange that i only have this crash on exit with the 747. No problems with the 737 and the 777.

I've tried different video drivers, clean fsx cfg's, and nothing had solve it.

This is not a major issue (the flight is done), and this crash doesn't happen if i load FSX with the 747 and shut it down after that 20 seconds.

I've seen in the past, if/when FSX doesn't shutdown cleanly, there's always a good chance of file corruption.  Any files that FSX has open at the time of the crash, do not have a chance or, even worse, has partly written to disk, are affected.  That includes config files, cache files, anything it needs to run and/or modify.  Same idea can happen with your OS when it crashes.  Good chance of losing/corrupting data.

It can definitely be a problem.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, mbud said:

Looks like it's solved by the new update just released, I tested after the update and no more crash on exit from main menu.

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - BUILD 3.00.8186 (Released 2017-03-10)

Cheers,

Michael

Well, I did about 6 flights after the first update last week - no issues on exit.

But, another update which I installed today BUILD 3.00.8189 (Released 2017-03-13), the same problem is back. :sad:

Michael

I haven't any corruption files on FSX, otherwise this would happen with any other aircraft, or any other scenery.

This only happens when make a flight from the beginning to the end. If i start FSX in a gate with the 747 and shutdown immediatly after, the crash doesn't occur

Maybe something related with FMC or something ?

11 hours ago, mbud said:

But, another update which I installed today BUILD 3.00.8189 (Released 2017-03-13), the same problem is back. :sad:

This would lead me to believe that the problem is actually elsewhere.

Which would be supported by the fact that Kernelbase32.dll errors do not point at an issue in our aircraft.

Kyle Rodgers

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, scandinavian13 said:

This would lead me to believe that the problem is actually elsewhere.

Which would be supported by the fact that Kernelbase32.dll errors do not point at an issue in our aircraft.

Hi Kyle,

I'm not sure where the problem is, all I know it happens only with PMDG747 QoS II. Having PMDG 737/777 and Aerosoft Airbuses this issue does not exist.

So it leads me to believe that there is something with 747 QoS II that is causing this.

As per topic "appcrash kernel32.dll when exiting FSX" it was there every time with initial release and latest build 3.00.8189 (Released 2017-03-13). But before the latest update, I ran with build 3.00.8186 (Released 2017-03-10) for entire week and the problem did not exist.

Regards,

Michael

4 minutes ago, mbud said:

So it leads me to believe that there is something with 747 QoS II that is causing this.

Were that true, I'd expect all FSX QOTSII users to experience the problem.  Correlation is not the same as causation.

Dan Downs KCRP

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:23 AM, jasoncardeira said:

This only happens when make a flight from the beginning to the end. If i start FSX in a gate with the 747 and shutdown immediatly after, the crash doesn't occur

Interesting, I tried the same thing and got same results running the sim for about 5 min at the gate before shutdown.

Something to throw out there...

Those of you, including myself, who are experiencing this crash scenario with the 747, do you have your "DisablePreload" setting enabled or disabled?  I'm grasping at straws here and, who knows, it could very well be related in small but crucial way.

I know I have it enabled "DisablePreload=1" in my config and I do see the front half-skeleton 747.  I haven't had the time to test it yet, but if you do have this setting and are experiencing the crashes, maybe try disabling it and test it out.

Again grasping at straws and will try hopefully soon when RW commitments will allow.

Cheers!

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg