Sign in to follow this  
sd75lover

I broke the plane!

As I am writing this, my aircraft will not start up regardless of apu on or not, i suspect that i have ran out fuel, as i arrived to gate with about 2,000 lbs of fuel, but i forgot to hook up GPU so i was on APU for whole time, i leave for an hour, and all the displays are off, and i cant start any of them up, not even the FMC to get ground power, did i run my airrcaft our of gas?

I cant even start any engines

As I am writing this, my aircraft will not start up regardless of apu on or not, i suspect that i have ran out fuel, as i arrived to gate with about 2,000 lbs of fuel, but i forgot to hook up GPU so i was on APU for whole time, i leave for an hour, and all the displays are off, and i cant start any of them up, not even the FMC to get ground power, did i run my airrcaft our of gas?

I cant even start any engines

I assume all your CDU screens are dark.  To get one to light up click and hold on the Menu button.  Once it lights up use it to request ground power.  You can then turn on the electric power, APU, etc.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

If you arrived with that tiny amount of fuel, and then left the plane with something consuming that fuel for a while, and then everything is found to be off when you return, I think it would be a logical assumption that you ran out of fuel, yes.

Kyle Rodgers

2000lbs is a very small amount to arrive at the gate with - even a 737 would typically have more. In real life there would be an investigation. A Qantas 747 once arrived at Heathrow with I think less than 4 tons, there was a big flap about it.

You should still be able to turn on the FMC CDU by holding down the menu key for a few seconds.