Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Heaney

Help a Newb with some Screenshots??

Guest Paul Heaney

I've never been one to post screenshots, although I do enjoy looking ath them every single time I read the forums. But Today, I decided to start snapping shots of my own.Looking at you guys, I can't compare. I'm using Hypersnap DX Pro, and I have it set to Auto save when I snap, Resize to 800 x 600 and save as a .JPG HOWEVER the shots look like crap. I'm running a P4 3.8GHZ with a Radeon X800 XT but I can't take a decent shot to save my life.Many pics are over the 125K Limit, and they look pixellated, unlike the Pros here that snap smaller sized shots, and are crystal clear.Anyone offer some suggestions? Other than THAT PROGRAM SUCKS!!! If you think I should use something else, feel free. Preferably something that resizes and saves, etc.. all in 1 motion.Thanks for the advice.

Guest ba747heavy

Personally, I use a program called ScreenPrint32, and it saves my pic in a .bmp format (uncompressed image format is why I chose bmp). I then use an image editor, like photoshop or IrfanView (great free proggie, does everything you want it to do). If I use photoshop, which I think most of the "pros" do, then you can use an image filter and sharpen the photo up....thats what those prods don't tell you they do ;)I think your best bet, unless I am missing something, is to snap shots with your program you found, saved in .bmp format. Then use IrfanView (google for it), and do a batch resize and save in a format like .jpg or.png, whatever your pleasure. You can set the output quality settings on the .jpg, and it might require some tweaking to find the right output quality level to meet the 125k.

Guest Paul Heaney

Thanks Dave and Fred. I think I'm in pretty good shape now. Appreciated.