Sign in to follow this  
Sekkha

Pushback distance

I suppose it is a P3D limitation maybe, but is there a way to make a shorter pushback /  tighter turn?

I many times end up in the grass or breaking into a terminal building because the distance or the turning radius is so big.

The shortest option in the FS actions Menu is 76 Meters..

thanks

Marinus Gerst

Do you use the build in pushback via the FMS menu?

I personally use GSX (FSDreamteam) and have no problems at all.

Peter Aertssen

Amsterdam (EHAM)

I personally use GSX (FSDreamteam) and have no problems at all.

yep same  no issues  at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

GSX and the PMDG pushback both suffer from a major limitation:  neither knows where scenery buildings are and will push the jet right into/through them.

Gawd I miss AES.

spacer.png

GSX and the PMDG pushback both suffer from a major limitation: neither knows where scenery buildings are and will push the jet right into/through them.

never had  this  issue  with gsx,   never  had  aes  couldnt  see  why  you would  buy credits  for  each  airport

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Since I changed to FSX:SE, I lost also AES and I miss it. It is the only one providing specific pushback pack on airports/gates where the pushback is not standard.

With GSX, I have a recurrent issue when at some gate the only choice is straight pushback while the next taxiway is perpendicular. I know it can be corrected manually (but for each gate one by one...) but when you are online and have your pushback clearance there is no time to program your pushback at the specific gate.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

If I recall correctly and I'm not 100% sure I do I thought there was a way in GSX to change the pushback options for all gates at a given airport. I had this problem with UK2000 EGKK.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

You paid for AES credits because AES was coded for the gates at the airports.  It always knew where to push.  GSX does not.

spacer.png

If I recall correctly and I'm not 100% sure I do I thought there was a way in GSX to change the pushback options for all gates at a given airport. I had this problem with UK2000 EGKK.

Thanks for the tip. When it happens, it reminds that I should do a thorough search, but when the flight ends, I always forget... now I will do some serious search but it is off topic for that thread.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I use GSX for pushback because it knows where taxiway lines are from it's ability to use the AFCAD.  This is pretty robust, if the default push back has a problem, just go in and edit the AFCAD with AFE and you even have an option of providing lat/lon for the taxi link nodes that you want GSX to use.  It's all explained in the GSX manual.

Dan Downs KCRP

It's all explained in the GSX manual.

Aye, but its labor intensive, AES already knew it all for a given airport you had to buy the credit for.

spacer.png

Never had GSX push me onto grass.

Happened to me a few times - it depends on AFCADs.

But I agree - for me GSX is the best pushback option so far.

I just changed the voices as I am not fond of the original ones.

Problem with GSX is the insane vibrations in the 747's cockpit when you push back. Apparently PMDG can fix this with the developer but they haven't acknowledged this as an issue.

Alex Pugh

Problem with GSX is the insane vibrations in the 747's cockpit when you push back.

I've read about this but I've been using GSX pushback with the Queen since beta testing started and I've never seen it happen.  Interesting.

Dan Downs KCRP