Sign in to follow this  
phmcr

NVidia 378.66

EDIT: topic should read NVidia 378.66

Hi, just updated the NVidia driver to the latest, 378.66 which then crashed FSX when opening.

Cause according to appcrash was DX10fixerlib.dll.

Reverted back to 378,49 and all is ok again.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

EDIT: topic should read NVidia 378.66

Hi, just updated the NVidia driver to the latest, 378.66 which then crashed FSX when opening.

Cause according to appcrash was DX10fixerlib.dll.

Reverted back to 378,49 and all is ok again.

Menno

Use the M.S. update download of 376.53  totally FPS optimized!  Ready for Game Mode (W10).   I gained 33 percent FPS in running with it, over 376.33 in very heavy autogen situations, and sliders, full right.  (P3D and XP11)

I use cloud shadows, and performance has been just fine with 378.66.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Yes, I use cloud shadows.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Steve, do you think you can solve this one?

Thanks,

Menno

Menno 

I am not sure that there is a problem to fix, I have tried that driver also and it works without issue.

Perhaps your install of it went wrong somehow?

I've recently installed FSX:SE ( last week ), the Fixer, and FSLabs A320, and have gone through all Nvidia driver versions starting in the "33", and ending in the latest patch released this week to solve a memory leak in P3D. None created any problems, although I am not using cloud shadows, or any shadows at all for that matter....

In my old rig the "only" purpose of the Fixer is to optimize FSX:SE, by making better use of the GTX 960 4 GB video card through DX10 mode...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme disks, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ok, so I tried again, same crash.

But initially after I had 378.66 installed again, FSX would start. I then updated the Nvidia profile and, a lesson from Bojote in the past, set my SHADER_CACHE_VERSION in my fsx.cfg to a new version number, in my case 8. So far I have always set a new number after each driver update, no problem.

But now FSX crashed on start-up.

Eventually I set the Shader Version back to 7, and that was the culprit, no crash....

So, I guess, I do not need this shader cache version anymore as it now is a cRash version.....

Menno

Menno 

The way that I force a recompile of the shaders is to go into the debug dialog of the Dx10 controller and press accept. I have tried that with 378.66 without issue.

Use the M.S. update download of 376.53 totally FPS optimized! Ready for Game Mode (W10). I gained 33 percent FPS in running with it, over 376.33 in very heavy autogen situations, and sliders, full right. (P3D and XP11)

I think you'll mean 376.33?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The way that I force a recompile of the shaders is to go into the debug dialog of the Dx10 controller and press accept. I have tried that with 378.66 without issue.

Hi Steve, all options are checked there so I guess the controller will do so when needed.

I tried to remove the line from my cfg but FSX won't accept that either, it crashes. So I guess best is to just leave it in and not renumber it again. The Controller will take care of it.

Menno

Menno 

I ve just installed this driver with a new GTX 970 card, and my DX10 is showing autogen flashing and water swirling. Has anybody else had similar problems with the new driver?